Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reno, NV - Element Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If people want to follow along for permitting, etc: Accela Citizen Access: Building BLD22-12062E: Commercial Solar & EV Chargers

Doesn't look like any activity since the previous post, but one thing that seems to only show up in the search is a "Short Notes" of "RED PARKING STRUCTURE" which I believe the whole structure is still under construction.

The address from the tweet was recently re-listed: Complete list of "coming soon" Tesla Supercharger addresses in the United States

And I believe this was Tesla's page that used to show that address but now no address and targeting Q2 2023 (whereas the URL suggests originally Q3 2022):

The garage for element by Westin is open now with the west half of the first floor sectioned off for the long stay hotel. There's 4 parking spots with ClipperCreek stations for the hotel while the first ramp has 12 EV charging spots on the south side:
red 12x clipper.jpg

No immediate signs of Supercharger activity on any of the 3 levels. Lights for the garage were on, but the stations didn't seem active yet.

Curiously, there's 16 parking spots further up the ramp with hole caps just above an electrical room:
reno hole caps.jpg

These are closer to the hotel side where there's 3 parking spots between columns and the area closest to the 2nd floor elevator has 2 potential spots "no parking." (5x3 + 1 = 16 Supercharger stalls?)

This is driving me a little insane. In the same state of Nevada, there is a vital needed Supercharger that is years overdue North of Winnemucca to close a 250+ mile travel gap. Meanwhile, I just counted, and there are 19(!!) Superchargers existing or permitted in the Las Vegas area. What the actual F?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This is driving me a little insane. In the same state of Nevada, there is a vital needed Supercharger that is years overdue North of Winnemucca to close a 250+ mile travel gap. Meanwhile, I just counted, and there are 19(!!) Superchargers existing or permitted in the Las Vegas area. What the actual F?
There are a few more Teslas in Vegas than in McDermitt :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
Okay, I will rephrase:

There are a few more Teslas driving through Vegas than through McDermitt.
Sure, and there are few people swimming in the desert because there isn't water there. Do you see how it's the same problem? People in San Francisco drive to Boise. There are Teslas in the Bay area, right? They take their gas cars because the missing connection makes it very difficult to get through there.

And let's also talk about realism. You want to talk about simply "a few more"? OK then, there is no excuse for this ratio of Superchargers to still be so disgustingly lopsided at 19 to 0.

And let's also talk about realism. You want to talk about simply "a few more"? OK then, there is no excuse for this ratio of Superchargers to still be so disgustingly lopsided at 19 to 0.
I can't believe I actually took the time to look this up, but the average number of vehicles passing through McDermitt daily is only around 300. The average number crossing the CA/NV border on I-15 near Vegas is over 30,000, so that's a 100:1 ratio. And that doesn't even count the many people visiting or living in Vegas who are driving around the metro area without doing long distance highway travel.

I'm one of the few people on this forum who have driven through McDermitt, multiple times even. And I'd love to see a supercharger get built there soon. But comparing McDermitt to Las Vegas is just silly.

Anyways, this has nothing to do with the supercharger being constructed in Reno on Element Lane, so it will be my last post on the topic.

Reactions: Cameron A
Thanks for the update. Any update/thread on this one?

View attachment 923032
It's a little funny--you snipped that screen shot from www.supercharge.info. If you would have not cropped out the quarter inch below that, you would have seen the links associated with it. The link that says "discuss" is a link to the thread for that Supercharger here on this forum. Here it is: