Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasco, WA (LIVE 20 Apr 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything is going to be tight for that truck, I've really been surprised Tesla hasn't changed their new deployments to accommodate that better.

It looks very tight, but they actually appear to be just as wide as the marked parking spaces, just offset obviously (hopefully they fully get rid of the old markings, otherwise I could see a lot of drivers focusing on those and backing right into the post).
They're actually narrower than the marked spaces which is concerning. At one end they start almost on the marks and by the time they reach the other end they are nowhere near the marks. It doesn't look correct. If a car fits it will be right and only a matter of time before someone hits a charging unit.

Doesn't it look super tight? I was going to swing by and measure the bay because it looks as if vehicles will barely fit.

On that note, does the cybertruck have a wider wheel base than the current tesla's?

Still kinda scratching my head- it looks very narrow, guess we will see when complete. However if you really back in very far, rear passengers aren’t getting out very easily on either side…if at all. There are both the pedestals and the posts to deal with. I’m thinking they had an initial plan and this got shot down for whatever reason…this layout is what they ended up with. Cybertruck might be able to charge on the end one….but can’t believe it will fit in between the rest.

They're actually narrower than the marked spaces which is concerning. At one end they start almost on the marks and by the time they reach the other end they are nowhere near the marks. It doesn't look correct. If a car fits it will be right and only a matter of time before someone hits a charging unit.
Tesla designs these so unless the installer messed up, they are all standard width. Don’t pay attention to any current striping. In fact, if you count stripes, there are probably more existing stripes than stalls which means they are WIDER than the existing spots. Here are the plans which show you how wide each spot is. Tesla has designed tens of thousands of these and know how wide each spot needs to be for their cars.

pg 3 is the demo page which shows the existing striping. Note that the SC stall in the left will be off the page so you need to account for 1 more existing spot. 8 spots in the demo drawing plus one more to the left equals 9. 9 existing to 8 new.

Pg 4 is the new Layout and you see the each stall is 10 ft wide by 18 ft long from center to center. Subtracting the width of the pedestal, you have at least 9ft width. Overall width of Model S including mirrors is 86”. 108-86=22. That’s about 1ft on either side.

Reactions: rovercon
Tesla designs these so unless the installer messed up, they are all standard width. Don’t pay attention to any current striping. In fact, if you count stripes, there are probably more existing stripes than stalls which means they are WIDER than the existing spots. Here are the plans which show you how wide each spot is. Tesla has designed tens of thousands of these and know how wide each spot needs to be for their cars.

pg 3 is the demo page which shows the existing striping. Note that the SC stall in the left will be off the page so you need to account for 1 more existing spot. 8 spots in the demo drawing plus one more to the left equals 9. 9 existing to 8 new.

Pg 4 is the new Layout and you see the each stall is 10 ft wide by 18 ft long from center to center. Subtracting the width of the pedestal, you have at least 9ft width. Overall width of Model S including mirrors is 86”. 108-86=22. That’s about 1ft on either side.
I'll stop and measure it tonight but I've been to many superchargers and this one does not look nearly as wide as the others. It wouldn't be a big deal because cars can adjust accordingly when backing in but this one has pillars as guides so there is no room for error. I'm sure it will all work out but im just saying how it looks.
I understand there is a guideline for construction to follow but mistakes canhbe made. I'm sure once it's complete it will all work out just fine. I've never used a station that had pillars as guides so it's probably what looks funny.

I'll stop and measure it tonight but I've been to many superchargers and this one does not look nearly as wide as the others. It wouldn't be a big deal because cars can adjust accordingly when backing in but this one has pillars as guides so there is no room for error. I'm sure it will all work out but im just saying how it looks.
I understand there is a guideline for construction to follow but mistakes canhbe made. I'm sure once it's complete it will all work out just fine. I've never used a station that had pillars as guides so it's probably what looks strange.
I wasn't paying attention to the stripes, I was just replying to an earlier comment that suggested the units lined up with the stripes.

Willing to bet they are the same width as the pull thru stalls like Petaluma, CA. (and to suggest that engineering drawings and official plans and blueprints are just a guideline is absurd)

Picture of the first 10 chargers installed there (back to back pull thru).

1676097957925.png

Willing to bet they are the same width as the pull thru stalls like Petaluma, CA. (and to suggest that engineering drawings and official plans and blueprints are just a guideline is absurd)

Picture of the first 10 chargers installed there (back to back pull thru).

View attachment 906056
Guideline, blueprint, whatever...I was just saying that mistakes are possible. I don't think mistakes happened and not the point of my post. I'm sure everything is just fine and when finished will work to perfection. All I originally wanted to know is if anyone else has actually seen the setup and also thought it looked tighter than others. It looks close to finished and everything will probably work just fine and as intended.