Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - North Bend, WA - North Bend Outlets (under construction May 2024, 24 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Walla Walla, WA
Tesla has applied to install 24 V4 stalls at 421 South Fork Ave SW in North Bend, WA (North Bend Outlets).
1710303796910.png
@Big Earl @Guacahummus @corywright

@PLUS EV can go back to 9/15/18 and find this all over again...

EVgo, EA, and Tesla all in one spot? Do they just have the world's largest amount of surplus power there?

(Not just the same general area. The same region of the parking lot)

Although 24 dispensers is a lot... the EVgo station is just two, IIRC, and the EA station is one of their standard 4-dispenser stations, IIRC.

Edit: from a facilities perspective, that area is seriously lacking. All clothing stores, nothing that will sell you a coffee and the restrooms are also on the far side of the lot & kinda hidden

Tesla has applied to install 24 V4 stalls at 421 South Fork Ave SW in North Bend, WA (North Bend Outlets).
Great that you found the permit. Tesla updated their charging locations on their web site in the last week or so and I saw that North Bend was now shown; I don't think it was there before. Forthcoming 16 stall Issaquah Supercharger is also shown, but I think was already listed.

16 new stalls in Issaquah, 24 in North Bend - huge expansion. Have to believe this is partially due to opening the network to NACS. I'm surprised there's no sign of an installation in Redmond yet.
1710441504737.png

EVgo, EA, and Tesla all in one spot? Do they just have the world's largest amount of surplus power there?

(Not just the same general area. The same region of the parking lot)

Although 24 dispensers is a lot... the EVgo station is just two, IIRC, and the EA station is one of their standard 4-dispenser stations, IIRC.

Edit: from a facilities perspective, that area is seriously lacking. All clothing stores, nothing that will sell you a coffee and the restrooms are also on the far side of the lot & kinda hidden
I remember a Mongolian grill restaurant there. Can't find it now, but there is a "Best Burger Hut" and restrooms.

Reactions: Mbrockus
Thanks for sharing that. Very interesting to see his perspective. Tesla will still make supercharger hardware, someone else will have to decide where to put, run the service. I'm skeptical that will work out well. Only tesla has done a good job at this. I learned recently some of the other dcfc systems had the site owners handle maintenance.

My understanding from a youtube video[0] from a company that does a lot of installs for Tesla is that if it hasn't broken ground, it's likely getting axed.

[0]
Elon says that Tesla is spending (investing?) more than $500 million on superchargers this year, and since this is a high-need site, it probably wasn't killed.

I wonder how much of the unfinished superchargers in WA are just sitting there unfinished because contractors don't know what's going on because Tesla hasn't told them. Sometimes communications out of Tesla are inadequate.

All important recycle and garbage cans.

Transformer will be to the south between the stores near the employee parking and shipping/receiving doors. Looks like trenching is done and conduit has been covered and repaved already.
Thanks for all the photos and reports. I don't know how we'll ever know when they have v4 electrical backend instead of v3 electrical + v4 dispensers. I don't even have a e-gmp 800v car, but I still want the capability ;-) 3000 amps, 480v, does that imply anything?

Edit, went back and looked at pics, I think it says v3.5 on that one photo that is a hard angle to read from the side - which is what I would expect.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the photos and reports. I don't know how we'll ever know when they have v4 electrical backend instead of v3 electrical + v4 dispensers. I don't even have a e-gmp 800v car, but I still want the capability ;-) 3000 amps, 480v, does that imply anything?

Edit, went back and looked at pics, I think it says v3.5 on that one photo that is a hard angle to read from the side - which is what I would expect.
Yes, V3.5. We will know because Tesla will tell us the sites are capable of 500kw+ instead of 250kw. For compatible cars…

Reactions: Astrochimp
  • Helpful
Reactions: corywright
@corywright these should also be listed as V4 on sc.info. I haven’t seen a site with V3.5 cabinets and V3 posts. Wouldn’t make any sense to combine those two pieces. Thanks!
I defer to your expertise, but I would think we should call something V4 only if it has the never seen V4 cabinets and V4 posts together? I so want to see V4 cabinets, just to feel like there's going to be progress.