Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moose Jaw, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coolio. Going to have to stop in next week even though it is sort of out of the way, and of course I'll not be taking on charge. It has been a very, very long time since I was in Moot Nayah. The McDonald's was on the other side of Main Street, near Town & Country Mall, and that car would have been parked next to a hockey rink then. :)

Interesting that Tesla is willing to build it as an island. Is Musk's relative's ranch that close? Or are they just committing to going hard this summer on the other locations needed to link it in either East or West?

McDonalds is probably the same place. The superchargers would be in the middle of the arena

Been over 25 years since I lived in Moose Jaw. I can't picture it.
It's been a little more than that for me.

They apparently tore down the Civic Center, the Warriors now play down on Manitoba near the aqueduct. Looked it up, the move happened about 7 years ago. That's where it is located, on the land where the Civic Center was. They've turned the Civic Center land into strip malls.

Last edited:
I don't see it. I see governments all across the country going all in to support oil, and being hostile to EVs. Heck, the federal government had to be dragged and screaming to put a greenwashing to their big oil venture.
Sun Country Highway wasn't government backed, certainly not overtly at a high level. It was really grassroots with some local government support (AKA basically some forward looking local people). When I first looked at visiting back home I was really taken aback by how good the coverage was.

8655F0FA-FFB3-472C-AD4A-0A05B22A7DA0.jpeg
This is on the transformer.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
@ItsNotAboutTheMoney @Vawlkus care to explain your disagrees? I’d love to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Honestly I don’t see them being rolled out in Canada this quickly. So far, I’m aware of the one test location in the US, and that the Boston factory only recently started producing the V3 hardware. Put those two facts together, and I think the V3 is probably in testing phase down south for a while yet before it gets rolled out up here.

Reactions: Jack007
Honestly I don’t see them being rolled out in Canada this quickly. So far, I’m aware of the one test location in the US, and that the Boston factory only recently started producing the V3 hardware. Put those two facts together, and I think the V3 is probably in testing phase down south for a while yet before it gets rolled out up here.

From what I hear V3 equipment is going to be built at the Buffalo, NY Gigafactory, which is apparently coming on soon.

How do you square this location’s completely different design from V2 site buildouts? The conduits, equipment pads and even the transformer specifications are different from every V2 site I’ve seen.

To me, this site appears to be roughed in and ready to receive equipment from Buffalo to get installed and wired.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
From what I hear V3 equipment is going to be built at the Buffalo, NY Gigafactory, which is apparently coming on soon.

How do you square this with the completely different design of this location from V2 site buildouts?

To me, this site appears to be roughed in and ready to receive equipment from Buffalo to get installed and wired.
I’m quoting from memory so it could be either. *shrug*

I don’t really see this site being all that different from the site built here in Enfield, other than being fewer stalls. The pictures don’t show me anything in that regards.

1000 kVA for six V3 stalls? Plausible. A six stall V2 site would only need 500 kVA.

The installation is definitely not typical, so I subscribe to the theory that this is our first V3 buildout outside of Fremont.
I just stopped by a charger being built with 750 kVA it had 14 stalls (V2) So perhaps this might be V3?

Attachments

• 1CD5BFCF-38A1-4779-9C2E-F93570739CD9.jpeg
    1CD5BFCF-38A1-4779-9C2E-F93570739CD9.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 124
  • ACAE7C95-D1C9-426F-B373-9142F962E41F.jpeg
    ACAE7C95-D1C9-426F-B373-9142F962E41F.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: Big Earl
Remember too that during the Y reveal Q&A someone complained to Elon and he said Saskatchewan construction was "already under way". So presumably, they are doing a jumpstart on one so it looks like he was correct. It's been a while that they said the Buffalo factory would make V3, the production line should be working soon.