Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marathon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Marathon Supercharger Progress

On a trip to Islamorada decided to check out the Marathon Supercharger site. The construction crew was busy. This is the same crew that did the West Palm Beach Supercharger.

They will hopefully be finished in the next four weeks. The crew said, "It will be finished when it's finished." The Tesla equipment is on site.

The airport has rest rooms available it's hours are:

Monday-Friday 8am-6pm
Saturday 8am-4pm
Sunday 9am-2pm

Closest food available is:

Pizza Hut 0.2 miles North of Supercharger
Subway 0.5 miles North of Supercharger
LuLu's 0.8 miles South of Supercharger

Keyhopper Taxi is available at $2/mile. 305-393-0146

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,282
222 miles via 41. Driving a max of 65 with no rain or headwind I think it is doable in an 85 with a range charge. The Keys portion is slow driving anyway.
EVTrip Planner says you would use 209 RM in an 85 with 19 inch wheels.

Is there a chance to get from the Ft. Myers Supercharger to the Marathon Charger with one full charge?
Perhaps taking US-41 via I-75, Exit 101?

Or do we have to wait for the Plantation Charger to become alive first?

Hi Mike,

According to EV Trip Planner it will take 203 rated miles to go from the Fort Myers Supercharger to the Marathon Supercharger via US 41 to Rt 997/US1.

It estimates it will take 259 rated miles to go from the Fort Myers Supercharger to the Marathon Supercharger via I75.

Larry

Hoping it is ready to go for you. The Florida Keyes Electric Cooperative will have to hook up the Supercharger when construction is complete. Tesla will need to then send a technician out to test and turn on the Supercharger. There may also be inspections that need to be done.

This now shows up on the Tesla website as online!

Here's the Plugshare entry. I've now gone through this thread to refine the listing: position location marker (thanks Larry Chanin), add restaurant and taxi info (thanks Roland), and add an initial photo (thanks StevenPace).

Tesla Superchargers | Marathon, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

I can't actually see how the location fits the photo. If someone visits, can you take one photo FROM WAY BACK, perhaps including the airport terminal in the frame, and post it to this Plugshare entry? I suspect that this is located well away from the spot noted in the map that Larry posted (linked above).

Roadtrip!

Last edited:
It's open! http://www.coreyjessup.com/Marathon_sc.jpg

Unfortunately, Marathon's airport has very little in terms of services. There are two vending machines inside if you carry cash/change, and there are a few small local shops across the road not more than a few minutes walk west. We actually stopped here twice today and for our second visit, we planned ahead and brought lunch from King Seafood Market & Restaurant, which is about a mile east of the airport. Decent place. Their fish burritos are great and big!

Anyway, I'll correct the photo upload this weekend when we return home, or whenever I have access to a computer. Happy supercharging!

I can't actually see how the location fits the photo. If someone visits, can you take one photo FROM WAY BACK, perhaps including the airport terminal in the frame, and post it to this Plugshare entry? I suspect that this is located well away from the spot noted in the map that Larry posted (linked above).

Chris,

It's true the map posted is crude, but I think you'll find that the actual location is approximately as depicted.

Here's the map again.

Marathon Supercharger location.jpg

Here's a Google Map with my best guess based on the Pediatric Clinic in the background:

Marathon Supercharger location 2.jpg

Here's the Google street view looking from the vantage point of where I believe the Superchargers to be. As per the arrow above.

Marathon Supercharger location 3.jpg

Same background as in the two photos.

Larry

Last edited: