Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Angeles, CA - Alameda St. (LIVE 17 Sep 2020, 16 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My assumption here is that there is some kind of technical issue with the power causing the crap charge rates. I live downtown and the couple of times I have used this it has mostly sucked. Charge rate would bounce all over the place. Hopefully they can figure this out.

My assumption here is that there is some kind of technical issue with the power causing the crap charge rates. I live downtown and the couple of times I have used this it has mostly sucked. Charge rate would bounce all over the place. Hopefully they can figure this out.
Yeah, same -- terribly frustrating.

Is this really STILL down or what, because I have like 19% battery and am annoyed that I have to drive to Glendale or Burbank to Supercharge.

Also, the SC in hotel figueroa, do Tesla owners really use that much? it's all valet right? Another terribly annoying situation....

Reactions: Schwma and lUtriaNt
Yeah, same -- terribly frustrating.

Is this really STILL down or what, because I have like 19% battery and am annoyed that I have to drive to Glendale or Burbank to Supercharge.

Also, the SC in hotel figueroa, do Tesla owners really use that much? it's all valet right? Another terribly annoying situation....
With the new pricing at 20 cents/kWh you should break even on a charge at the hotel SC compared to old rates, assuming valet charge is not more than $10 or something like that.

Tesla should make this a priority

I mean residents from ktown, mid city, usc/south central, east la, downtown, Chinatown, pico Union all depend on this location.

I don’t think it’s repairs, I think it’s a back and forth between Tesla and the landowners.

because it just doesn’t make sense, it’s only on when there’s events. When smorgasburg is fully
Open I think it’ll be open 24/7

Again just my speculation, been using this place since day 1. But I live next to a level 2 charger so I’m ok for now.

just super frustrating that if I have somewhere urgent to go and I have low battery I have to either go out of my way or wait until the early AM for this level 2 charger to be unoccupied.

Fix is underway…
Another permit as well. Thanks kevwerks

787 Alameda.jpg

What a coincidence that this SC location re-opens during the same timeframe CA revises/lifts covid mask mandates, july 4th holidays, and the summer.
Individuals here have posted the permitting process as the true delay to reopening but to be honest, it doesnt pass the eye test. As a business owner, you would want this SC location to reopen along with other businesses to generate pedestrian circulation.

• Disagree
Reactions: mociaf9
What a coincidence that this SC location re-opens during the same timeframe CA revises/lifts covid mask mandates, july 4th holidays, and the summer.
Individuals here have posted the permitting process as the true delay to reopening but to be honest, it doesnt pass the eye test. As a business owner, you would want this SC location to reopen along with other businesses to generate pedestrian circulation.

That was basically how it was done during the entire time smorgasburg was closed.

anytime there was an event they would open it back up.
All I’ve been saying it just seems too fishy to be a coincidence.

Not sure why that speculation causes for people to say insults. I’ve been going here since day one, this place has been shut down frequently and during those times it was when there wasn’t any events, since smorgasburg was closed.

Reactions: MX2021
LOLing at all the conspiracy theories that the owners of The Row (Atlas Capital) were sabotaging the power and shutting the Superchargers down. You know that there have been businesses open there during the last 15 months? You know there are offices there that people have been using?

That those would believe they pulled a "fake" permit with the city to hide Atlas' true intentions of depriving Tesla owners of charging is laughable. Trust me, they wanted people there to shop/dine, so that they could get paid...

Reactions: mociaf9
FWIW, I charged there this week.
Admittedly, the signs were a bit confusing.
As I entered the garage, there was a prominent sign for "Valet" - I thought the garage was open only for valet parking.
But I did not see anybody so I proceeded to the chargers, noticing many parked cars on every level up - but not even quarter full.
Plenty of Teslas were charging.

Otherwise, the big garage felt quite deserted.
Also, there were signs of people having done doughnut circles on one of the levels.
I presume the owners close the parking structure when there is not enough traffic (Covid19-related?) to justify the risk/liability due to bad actors doing destructive things in the garage.

I don't know why Supercharge.info shows this location being closed for more than 300 days.