Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leominster, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This feels like an end in sight.

2017-10-06 10.15.25.jpg

Stopped by today. Interesting question: there are 8 "stalls", does that mean 16 can charge at a time?

No, it will support 8 cars. each unit handles a single car, but they are typically paired (and numbered 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc) so that if there is a car on 1A, and you choose 1B you will reduce the charge to both cars some (so always avoid sharing a pair, don't park right next to someone, or in this case probably diagonally behind them). Or you could just count parking spots. Charge port is on the drivers side of the car and you back into the spot, so in your bottom picture we are talking probably 1A / 2A / 3A / and 4A are the 4 spots in the foreground, 1B / 2B / and 3B are on the other side of the chargers, and 4B (or possibly there is a 4 & 5 instead of 4A and 4B) is that standalone unit in your second picture.

Still not sure how that standalone will work, makes sense that it is to accommodate towing, but you would need to pull into the spot face first leaving the trailer in the lane of traffic, or park alongside it Blocking what I am referring to as the 1A slot. maybe they will be re-lining that spot to make it larger. By comparison this is Auburn

Auburn SC.png

So by my count, there is still:
* An electrical unit to go on the Pad that is surrounded by posts
* Signs to go up
* Repaving
* Probably painting lines
And I have no idea what the concrete cylinder in the middle is. Maybe an additional light post? There wasn't one there before construction, but maybe it was determined that it would be too dark to leave expensive cars without it?

No, it will support 8 cars. each unit handles a single car, but they are typically paired (and numbered 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc) so that if there is a car on 1A, and you choose 1B you will reduce the charge to both cars some (so always avoid sharing a pair, don't park right next to someone, or in this case probably diagonally behind them). Or you could just count parking spots. Charge port is on the drivers side of the car and you back into the spot, so in your bottom picture we are talking probably 1A / 2A / 3A / and 4A are the 4 spots in the foreground, 1B / 2B / and 3B are on the other side of the chargers, and 4B (or possibly there is a 4 & 5 instead of 4A and 4B) is that standalone unit in your second picture.

Still not sure how that standalone will work, makes sense that it is to accommodate towing, but you would need to pull into the spot face first leaving the trailer in the lane of traffic, or park alongside it Blocking what I am referring to as the 1A slot. maybe they will be re-lining that spot to make it larger. By comparison this is Auburn

View attachment 252516

So by my count, there is still:
* An electrical unit to go on the Pad that is surrounded by posts
* Signs to go up
* Repaving
* Probably painting lines
And I have no idea what the concrete cylinder in the middle is. Maybe an additional light post? There wasn't one there before construction, but maybe it was determined that it would be too dark to leave expensive cars without it?
I think there was a light before construction.

Did not know that. I always thought the transformer was in the box in a "standard" SC build

See dchristienson's picture of Auburn above, the green utility transformer is outside with posts around it. the utility probably requires it that way so they can access it freely during an emergency where are Tesla want to fense in their equipment to protect it from vandalism/damage and improve appearance.

See dchristienson's picture of Auburn above, the green utility transformer is outside with posts around it. the utility probably requires it that way so they can access it freely during an emergency where are Tesla want to fense in their equipment to protect it from vandalism/damage and improve appearance.

Sadly, it's National Grid territory, we might be waiting a little longer.

Just drove by.

National Grid, AWS(I'm guessing the contractor who built out the site), and the fence contractor are all on site today.

This may be going online any day now.

Did they get (or are the getting) the Distribution Pad Mount Transformer installed? It's amazing how many sites are waiting on the local power company to install the transformer.