Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NM - 7th St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Las Vegas - 7th St, NM

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Arby’s
Along Primary Interstates: I-25
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-85
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-25

To: Las Vegas, NM (v2) - 1.9 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Wagon Mound, NM - 42.3 miles (Permit)

US-85

To: Las Vegas, NM (v2) - 1.9 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Wagon Mound, NM - 42.3 miles (Permit)

US-85 is mostly concurrent with I-25, but there is a small section, unsigned, in Las Vegas, NM where it's with I-25 Business, hence the slightly different distances.

Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker and first time forum poster. Through a public records request, I found information that confirms Tesla will use NEVI funding to upgrade the existing V2 Supercharger at the Comfort Inn to V4 instead of constructing an entirely new site at Arby's. Arby's was not mentioned in any Tesla NEVI funding proposals.

Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker and first time forum poster. Through a public records request, I found information that confirms Tesla will use NEVI funding to upgrade the existing V2 Supercharger at the Comfort Inn to V4 instead of constructing an entirely new site at Arby's. Arby's was not mentioned in any Tesla NEVI funding proposals.

Good info, thanks for sharing! Maybe I’m missing something, but there doesn’t seem to be anything here that says that the Arby’s site isn’t also happening, is there?

In my opinion , it seems unlikely that Tesla would upgrade the existing comfort inn V2 to V4 without another working site in Las Vegas or nearby, since such an upgrade would likely require extended closure of the site for construction, and people would need somewhere to charge during that process.

Good info, thanks for sharing! Maybe I’m missing something, but there doesn’t seem to be anything here that says that the Arby’s site isn’t also happening, is there?

In my opinion , it seems unlikely that Tesla would upgrade the existing comfort inn V2 to V4 without another working site in Las Vegas or nearby, since such an upgrade would likely require extended closure of the site for construction, and people would need somewhere to charge during that process.
Why unlikely? I've stopped at the Jackson, TN location (Casey Jones museum!) several times the past couple years. This past December it had been upgraded from 8 150 KW chargers to, wait for it... 24 250 KW chargers. My jaw dropped when I drove up to charge. The old 150s were piled up nearby waiting to be hauled away.

IMG_0703.jpeg

Well, the Comfort Inn upgrade is planned to be completed in June of 2025, so they have time to get another site up and running, but it won't be NEVI funded if it is in Las Vegas. (They are also using NEVI funds to upgrade the sites in Santa Rosa and Tucumcari.)

It looks like they have NEVI funding to add sites in Wagon Mound which is about 40 miles away from Las Vegas and Encino which is about 40 miles away from the Santa Rosa, so maybe they will get installed before the upgrades.

You can see where all the NEVI funding is going in @ArtiePenguin1's X post:

Well, the Comfort Inn upgrade is planned to be completed in June of 2025, so they have time to get another site up and running, but it won't be NEVI funded if it is in Las Vegas. (They are also using NEVI funds to upgrade the sites in Santa Rosa and Tucumcari.)

It looks like they have NEVI funding to add sites in Wagon Mound which is about 40 miles away from Las Vegas and Encino which is about 40 miles away from the Santa Rosa, so maybe they will get installed before the upgrades.

You can see where all the NEVI funding is going in @ArtiePenguin1's X post:

Hi, Tesla didn't submit a proposal for a V4 at Arby's. Their brand new 12-stall V4 proposal submitted to New Mexico DOT was at Lowe's Super Save grocery store at 605 Mills Ave.

It's only a block away from the Arby's but has a bigger parking lot and is also right next to the Starbucks. Projected site opening June 2024 if they got funding.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 131903.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 131758.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 131814.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 131923.png

Hi, Tesla didn't submit a proposal for a V4 at Arby's. Their brand new 12-stall V4 proposal submitted to New Mexico DOT was at Lowe's Super Save grocery store at 605 Mills Ave.
That is only about 2 miles from the Comfort Inn site, and NEVI funding is pretty much only for sites that are 50 miles from the closest NEVI compliant site. So, it seems unlikely that they would get NEVI funding for another site that is so close to another NEVI site.

That is only about 2 miles from the Comfort Inn site, and NEVI funding is pretty much only for sites that are 50 miles from the closest NEVI compliant site. So, it seems unlikely that they would get NEVI funding for another site that is so close to another NEVI site.
Yes, that's correct. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The brand new install at 650 Mills Ave was not approved for NEVI funding.

Tesla only got NEVI funding to upgrade the existing Version 2 Las Vegas Supercharger at the Comfort Inn.

Tesla would need to fund and build the 650 Mills Version 4 on their own dime. Which they still might do, since they already entered into a lease agreement. Also, like you said, they need a site to replace the existing Las Vegas V2 as it undergoes a complete and total upgrade.