Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA - Gilman Blvd. (under construction April 2024, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does this site still show the status in the title as Permit only when there are fences up?
I saw this on the California sites and asked why we don't have it in the PNW. I chatted with a mod and they told me to report the first comment with the updated title. This informs them to update the title. I've been doing this for the last ~18 months but have been slacking. My bad; I will try to keep on top of it into the future. I will make sure everything is current now.

• Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV and israndy
No-one working today and doesn't look like much progress in the last week. I believe they had to have conduit inspected and the permit states there was an inspection on Monday. The Switchgear cabinet is now on site.

I've got to believe the recent Supercharger team layoffs will impact this site and others. From a look on LinkedIn, I believe both the Tesla Design Manager and Construction Manager listed on the permit were impacted. So was the Design Manager listed on the pre-applications for the nearby Klahanie and Pine Lake sites. My best wishes to those laid off.

20240501_191327096_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20240501_191400433_iOS.jpg
    20240501_191400433_iOS.jpg
    804.9 KB · Views: 7
I do wonder how much the name on the Permit is the one who did the work. My local permit contact was RICHARD SARTINI who was let go, but mentioned that he was sending an email to the UK staff when he lost access to his Tesla account. I just assumed that it was a name at Tesla like the way Steve Jobs never read his email, there was a whole staff that did that, and they communicated with each other and with Steve.

• Informative
Reactions: TreborThickweb
I've got to believe the recent Supercharger team layoffs will impact this site and others. From a look on LinkedIn, I believe both the Tesla Design Manager and Construction Manager listed on the permit were impacted. So was the Design Manager listed on the pre-applications for the nearby Klahanie and Pine Lake sites. My best wishes to those laid off.
My assumption is that since the construction has started and is being done by an electrical contractor, that they will complete their part in order to get paid. But if there’s no one at Tesla left to inspect and sign off on the work it might not be integrated into the SC network and turned on. That and the contractor may have to wait years to actually get paid.

My assumption is that since the construction has started and is being done by an electrical contractor, that they will complete their part in order to get paid. But if there’s no one at Tesla left to inspect and sign off on the work it might not be integrated into the SC network and turned on. That and the contractor may have to wait years to actually get paid.
Signed contracts, court and liens. Under construction will get finished.