Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Independence, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of this afternoon, 3 of the 6 bays are unavailable. Red tape over the plugs.

Ugh, fortunately a lightly used time.
And I did see 145.

Back here two weeks later, going Eastbound, and this situation is virtually unchanged. 4 working out of 6, but the 2 with damaged ends are both on #3.

However, the restaurant in Bass Pro Shops is a nice place for lunch while charging.

Last edited:
The parking lot was refinished this week and looks great—— however they painted the lines for the supercharger area wrong now and there are now 7 slots for 6 chargers and they don’t line up properly. Already have seen confused Tesla owners backing into a slot but then there is no charger left to plug in. Great way to try and stretch the supercharger network but 7 places and 6 chargers doesn’t work well!!!!

Looks like this site is going to be expanded. 13 holes augered so not sure how many more stalls that will be at this point.
1701753986991.png1701754266512.png1701754365243.png

I guess these are open now and they are not doing anything at the Hy-Vee on Noland Rd.
Looks like fencing was up at the other site a few weeks ago. Has that changed?

Also, the Tesla.com listing for this site does not mention number of chargers.

Looks like fencing was up at the other site a few weeks ago. Has that changed?
I have no idea where that picture was taken. It doesn't seem to line up with anything around the Noland Rd Hy-Vee.

Also, the Tesla.com listing for this site does not mention number of chargers.
And I noticed that also. Not sure why.

I have no idea where that picture was taken. It doesn't seem to line up with anything around the Noland Rd Hy-Vee.

And I noticed that also. Not sure why.
Think it’s being updated so they removed the stall count until it’s final. Also, I think he was photographing this site, the original. The comment was about upgrading the original 6 stall sites.

Anyone who can take pictures of the addition?

Reactions: MarkeR2002
I finally went by the charging site today. Very interesting. The 8 new stalls are V3 superchargers. However, there are also 8 Tesla L2 chargers on the site, the ones that have both the Tesla NACS plug and a J1772 adapter; those ones are 48 amp. I was unable to charge my F-150 Lightning on them though. Given they have the J1772 adapters, surely they are meant for general purpose charging, but maybe it's not ready to go yet, as I couldn't figure out how to activate them. I've got the FordPass Plug and Charge set up, but I think for those you might still have to use the Tesla app. But I tried everything I could to figure out how to active them with the Tesla app without any luck.

I finally went by the charging site today. Very interesting. The 8 new stalls are V3 superchargers. However, there are also 8 Tesla L2 chargers on the site, the ones that have both the Tesla NACS plug and a J1772 adapter; those ones are 48 amp. I was unable to charge my F-150 Lightning on them though. Given they have the J1772 adapters, surely they are meant for general purpose charging, but maybe it's not ready to go yet, as I couldn't figure out how to activate them. I've got the FordPass Plug and Charge set up, but I think for those you might still have to use the Tesla app. But I tried everything I could to figure out how to active them with the Tesla app without any luck.
You likely do need the Tesla app and go into the charge my non Tesla section. But if they wouldn’t work they likely need to be turned on. Was there a green light on the front?