Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hollister, CA (Casa De Fruta, LIVE 12 Mar 2018, 20 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In terms of food options, is it better to stop at the Gilroy SuC (only Inn-n-Out is walking distance?) or this one?

Hi @tontod, we haven't "dined" at Casa de Fruta for many years so can't speak to the food choice/quality there now. They do have a restaurant there, believe it is American cuisine. I know there's a Casa de Bakery/Sweets which has bakery goods and a coffee and tea (cold and hot) selection. The Casa de Wine has fruit and nut snacks and deli sandwiches. There are outdoor tables if you don't sit in the restaurant. If you have younger kids they might enjoy the carousel or train ride. And probably better area if you have your dog with you and need a grassy area for it. I'd be interested to hear reviews of the restaurant there. Maybe with the Superchargers there now they will expand food choices.

I can say that there is way more dining variety right around the Gilroy Supercharger that you could always pick up first (maybe even call ahead and order) and then head over the the Superchargers to charge. Right in that vicinity on the same side of 101 and Leavesley there's Starbucks, McD's, Applebees, Fresh Choice, Ginger Cafe, TK Noodle, Star Tea, King Eggroll, Denny's, In-N-Out Burger. And just on the other side of 101 on Leavesley Rd is Burger King, Chevys, Black Bear Diner.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Hi @tontod, we haven't "dined" at Casa de Fruta for many years so can't speak to the food choice/quality there now. They do have a restaurant there, believe it is American cuisine. I know there's a Casa de Bakery/Sweets which has bakery goods and a coffee and tea (cold and hot) selection. The Casa de Wine has fruit and nut snacks and deli sandwiches. There are outdoor tables if you don't sit in the restaurant. If you have younger kids they might enjoy the carousel or train ride. And probably better area if you have your dog with you and need a grassy area for it. I'd be interested to hear reviews of the restaurant there. Maybe with the Superchargers there now they will expand food choices.

I can say that there is way more dining variety right around the Gilroy Supercharger that you could always pick up first (maybe even call ahead and order) and then head over the the Superchargers to charge. Right in that vicinity on the same side of 101 and Leavesley there's Starbucks, McD's, Applebees, Fresh Choice, Ginger Cafe, TK Noodle, Star Tea, King Eggroll, Denny's, In-N-Out Burger. And just on the other side of 101 on Leavesley Rd is Burger King, Chevys, Black Bear Diner.

@SMAlset - thanks for the info!

Even if the food is bad at CdF (I've never eaten there so wouldn't know), I'd much rather take a dining break at a pleasant location out in the countryside than sit at the Gilroy supercharger and eat. You can eat at an In-N-Out or some other fast food joint any other day of the year.

Reactions: Ulmo
Even if the food is bad at CdF (I've never eaten there so wouldn't know), I'd much rather take a dining break at a pleasant location out in the countryside than sit at the Gilroy supercharger and eat. You can eat at an In-N-Out or some other fast food joint any other day of the year.

Sure but I think it also depends on what time of day you need to charge. And some times you just want to get back on the road due to traffic. The Gilroy chargers are right near the road and that Gilroy In-N-Out is always busy so cars do pass by the Superchargers there often, where as the Casa Superchargers are located way in the back along the railroad tracks. Not sure about visibility and traffic there. Another consideration would be if you wanted to pick up something shopping-wise from the local stores there at the Gilroy outlets as opposed to limited shopping at the Casa gift shop.

We really try not to even have drinks in our MS but could see stopping at one of the local eateries and picking up coffee or such and having that in the car while charging. I do know we have sat on the benches at Gilroy and had a drink or eaten a snack there so we weren't eating/drinking in the car. But yes, not exactly rustic scenery!

Last edited:
Neither location has any good food options, in my opinion.

I would not eat at Case de ____ unless I heard from several people that the food was actually good. Its been terrible as long as I've lived hear in California.... But maybe they will change.

I've grabbed a sandwich from Erik's Deli Cafe near the Gilroy charger a few times. Their food is pretty good and way better than a Subway sandwich.

I have like many other supercharger veterans realized that the easiest thing to do is to bring your food to the supercharger. Either picnic it or grab something that you like that is not within walking distance....

1BA2238B-C51E-49DD-A5AF-B0C36F72C206.jpeg
First confirmed charge? Do I get a badge for that?

Stopped here today, never saw it on the map before and was stuck behind slow traffic heading to Gustine anyway. 20 chargers, I’m the only one here. The parking lot you drive through is pretty awful so be careful in the rain, potholes are hidden.

Also, a fantastic view of the diesel fuel container while you charge!

image.jpg

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and Owner