Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenbrae, CA (LIVE 16 Dec 2020, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this morning and they are all ready to flick the switch.... should be any day now (or any month now if they are waiting for PG&E...)
IMG_5175.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9
Thanks for the update Goldengate. I wonder what those plastic sleeves mean. I presume someone working on the chargers will take them off when all is ready. This location is still not on Tesla's supercharger map - not even as under construction! At least the map on my laptop doesnt show it. I'll check the map in my M3 next time. Cant wait for these chargers to go live!

Yep, I meant 'coming soon - target 2020'. That is shown for the Marin City site, but not for Greenbrae. Greenbrae doesnt show up on any maps, including the one in my car. Gee, I suppose i should swing by Marin City to see what it looks like. I did stop at the Greenbrae location this morning. Still looks the same as your photo. But the front parking lot for the shopping center was blocked off, so there was a steady stream of traffic driving by the superchargers to get to the other side of the shopping center. I noticed those white plastic sleeves are still on all the chargers. I also lifted one plug out of its cradle as tho i was going to supercharge. So, they are not locked in. I did NOT try plugging it into my charge port as i did not want my car to get confused by a dead charger!

Reactions: goldengate
Oh My! That explains it! I have already been plenty traumatized by twitter and newspaper websites. Guess, i shouldnt be surprised that Marin could have some problems. but 100 cars with 4 or 5 per car. that is a big deal! Since there is nothing in the IJ right now about it, i guess it didnt happen (at least not yet).

It amazes me that there isn't a state law requiring EV spots to be only for EVs at all times. Ridiculous. Anyway back to this one, no idea how long it will take for them to get signoff.... could be weeks or months based on past history. At least when it goes live it should work... seems like a lot of the V3 stations go live and then have problems (e.g. Santa Rosa, San Luis Obispo)

What the law actually says, is in order to open to the public a certain number of sq.ft. of shopping must be served by a certain number of parking spaces including a limited number of them being compact spaces and another number of them must be handicapped spaces.

When Tesla contracts to use some of those spaces the building will let Tesla know how many spare spaces they have. If it's a 12 space charger and there are at least 12 extra they can ALL be Electric only. If they have 6 spare than half of them can be Electric only, the other half has to say general parking. If there are zero spare than Tesla will look for another place to setup.

What the law actually says, is in order to open to the public a certain number of sq.ft. of shopping must be served by a certain number of parking spaces including a limited number of them being compact spaces and another number of them must be handicapped spaces.

When Tesla contracts to use some of those spaces the building will let Tesla know how many spare spaces they have. If it's a 12 space charger and there are at least 12 extra they can ALL be Electric only. If they have 6 spare than half of them can be Electric only, the other half has to say general parking. If there are zero spare than Tesla will look for another place to setup.

That explains a ton - we often get asked by customers the difference between the stall designations. Do you have a link to the law and have you found much variance between cities?