Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green River, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, no power yet. Had to go back to Moab. Here is a crappy pic, sorry I didn't stay long. There are some big metal pieces lying nearby, maybe for a canopy?

image.jpg

Ooo, so close. You might have been the first! I checked the website a few times for you. Thanks for checking the real site for us.
Seems the Go Go build'em pace leading up to the cross country adventure has tapered off a bit. tel:(877)%20798-3752 gets real time info on SuperChargers right? I haven't called yet.

wow, that phone # sure copy/pasted weird ! It's the one on the TM SC page.

MikeC,
Spotted a grey Tesla at the Moab charge station this morning, maybe that was you. Nice looking car. The wife and I are envious.

I asked about when the power would be on at Green River. The people at Powell museum did not know what the hold up was on power. She did say that construction had been complete for about a week.

The metal structures will be gone soon. That was part of what was there before the Tesla charge stations were installed.
KJD

MikeC,
Spotted a grey Tesla at the Moab charge station this morning, maybe that was you. Nice looking car. The wife and I are envious.

I asked about when the power would be on at Green River. The people at Powell museum did not know what the hold up was on power. She did say that construction had been complete for about a week.

The metal structures will be gone soon. That was part of what was there before the Tesla charge stations were installed.
KJD

Yep, that was me at Moab. I actually ended up ICEing that spot overnight when we stayed at the Best Western (but left a note with my phone number). The lot was full when we got there late at night and a big van was ICEing another spot.

Perhaps the first time that 4 Teslas have been attempting to charge at Green River. Unfortunately, one cabinet is down and only 2 of the 4 stalls are working. At least this is an overnight for the TMC Connect Cross Country Drive. The Supercharging Queue starts here...

Green River 20140715.JPG

Visited there last week. The museum was interesting. I didn't go in but just read the stuff they had outside. That killed enough time to give me enough juice to the next stop. There's a walking path of some sort right by the Superchargers, so lots of people had questions as they walked by me. Everyone was nice. Apparently the town has some sort of big melon fest in May. Lucky is the Tesla owner who swings by during the fifth month of the year :)

Green River, UT.jpg

Visited there last week. The museum was interesting. I didn't go in but just read the stuff they had outside. That killed enough time to give me enough juice to the next stop. There's a walking path of some sort right by the Superchargers, so lots of people had questions as they walked by me. Everyone was nice. Apparently the town has some sort of big melon fest in May. Lucky is the Tesla owner who swings by during the fifth month of the year :)

View attachment 61673

They are famous for their melons, if you are ever coming through at the right time of year, definitely pick a few up.

We are on vacation this week in Utah. We will be leaving Bryce Canyon from Ruby's Inn and heading via the scenic route 12 towards the Green River SC (before heading to Moab). The route is about 216 miles. Does anyone have experience driving this route and suggest I rely on an interim charging spot in the middle, or can we make it? I have already called Duke's Slickrock Grill (which also has a campground with RV sites across the street) in Hanksville, and they seemed amenable if I need the charge.

Thanks for any advice.

We are on vacation this week in Utah. We will be leaving Bryce Canyon from Ruby's Inn and heading via the scenic route 12 towards the Green River SC (before heading to Moab). The route is about 216 miles. Does anyone have experience driving this route and suggest I rely on an interim charging spot in the middle, or can we make it? I have already called Duke's Slickrock Grill (which also has a campground with RV sites across the street) in Hanksville, and they seemed amenable if I need the charge.
Thanks for any advice.
When you talk to RV parks make sure you ask for a "50 Amp" outlet. For some reason the term 240 volts will confuse the hell out of them.

You might want to stop in Torrey and check out some of the sights in Capitol Reef National Park. There are a couple of RV parks with cabins and 50 amp outlets. I have not been to this RV park, but might try it next month some time.
Thousand Lakes RV Park, Campground and Cabins - Torrey, Utah - Home

Tesla nav prompted me yesterday when I programmed a stop here that the SC is "temporarily closed". So I called them and they explained it hasn't been functioning properly lately....yet asked me to try it with no guarantees it would work so at 9 pm last night I arrived and though all lights were out and the place was completely dark unit 2B did charge at below normal but still acceptable charge (225 mph). Without this stop I would have been forced to drive well below the speed limit to make Richland UT or considersbly out of my way to Moab.

• Helpful
Reactions: dgpcolorado