Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Genoa, OH - Blue Heron & Wyandot Service Plazas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some progress…

F10E4F79-F07E-46D2-80F7-D767D8C08DA6.jpeg

17D69D60-67F6-4685-8A7E-5758E7B7DDF4.jpeg

Wyandot

2646B514-ADF0-428B-9D49-A8E9DDB946E1.jpeg

Blue Heron

I noticed there are a number of service plazas on I-90 across Indiana and Ohio with Tesla superchargers under construction.

What I-90 service plazas currently have supercharging stations and which service plazas have superchargers under construction that are opening soon ?

This one near Toledo is the only one on the Ohio Turnpike that I was aware of. This is based on what I see on Tesla's map and on the site supercharge.info/map. More chargers are better!
I haven't driven it end-to-end in a long time like you have.

I noticed there are a number of service plazas on I-90 across Indiana and Ohio with Tesla superchargers under construction.

What I-90 service plazas currently have supercharging stations and which service plazas have superchargers under construction that are opening soon ?
Right on i90 you will find V3 chargers at Rolling Prairie & Howe service plazas in both directions in Indiana. In Ohio, the chargers in this thread are the first ones to come to an Ohio turnpike service plaza although there are a few off the turnpike as well.

Reactions: GeoX750
Stopped at these two new superchargers today. There were three people actively working on the eastbound location. Two were working in the cabinets and one was at one of the stalls. I asked if they had any idea as to when it would be operational and they couldn't/wouldn't provide any information.
There definitely was progress since I was here last month. The areas have been paved and striped. Things look close, but that doesn't necessarily mean too much.
Eastbound:
1639004706146.png

Westbound:
1639004751127.png

Stopped at these two new superchargers today. There were three people actively working on the eastbound location. Two were working in the cabinets and one was at one of the stalls. I asked if they had any idea as to when it would be operational and they couldn't/wouldn't provide any information.
There definitely was progress since I was here last month. The areas have been paved and striped. Things look close, but that doesn't necessarily mean too much.
Eastbound:
View attachment 742114

Westbound:
View attachment 742117

Nice progress. They'll almost certainly be open for the Christmas rush.

Visited the eastbound plaza this morning. Spoke to a contractor (he was not with Tesla or the local utility) working at the site. He made it sound like the site is ready to go and “they” want it live before the holiday rush. I’m guessing it’s a paperwork or final blessing by Tesla kinda hold up.

Same for Westbound. I’ll be back through westbound next week, I hope it’s live. With all due respect to OH and Western PA, they really need to step up their game, I-94 now has V3s from Indiana to Montana. And I’m really digging the SCs at the turnpike rest stops in IN.

58D0E7A9-C55F-4ADE-B018-8C1AE538720C.jpeg

They are working!!
I stopped at the west bound plaza tonight and all the stalls were lit. I thought I give one of them a try and it connected and started charging!! I was a 33% SOC when I got there. I saw about 125kW. Seems low for a V3, but I don't know that I've been to one so can't say if that's OK or not.
My two minutes of charging did show up on my Tesla account. It was $0.68 for those two minutes.
The eastbound chargers also looked to be working based on the units being all lit.
These are not showing on my car's GPS as available and the Tesla site is still showing under construction. I have read elsewhere in these forums that it can take a month or more for Tesla to show them as active. I assume this is to allow time for any potential issues to be worked out.

This should make some Ohio Turnpike travelers very happy this Christmas as they go to visit families and can easily charge without having to get off the turnpike to find one at some grocery store parking lot.

1640137692797.png

They are working!!
I stopped at the west bound plaza tonight and all the stalls were lit. I thought I give one of them a try and it connected and started charging!! I was a 33% SOC when I got there. I saw about 125kW. Seems low for a V3, but I don't know that I've been to one so can't say if that's OK or not.
My two minutes of charging did show up on my Tesla account. It was $0.68 for those two minutes.
The eastbound chargers also looked to be working based on the units being all lit.
These are not showing on my car's GPS as available and the Tesla site is still showing under construction. I have read elsewhere in these forums that it can take a month or more for Tesla to show them as active. I assume this is to allow time for any potential issues to be worked out.

This should make some Ohio Turnpike travelers very happy this Christmas as they go to visit families and can easily charge without having to get off the turnpike to find one at some grocery store parking lot.

View attachment 746871
That’s great! I can avoid Maumee and Toledo, although I do have an affinity for route 2.

Suppose it would have been pretty cool if they put the supercharger on the concrete barrier dividing the lot before the gate, and the truck access way. Then they could open that charger up for both local traffic and turnpike traffic, while keeping local and turnpike traffic separate.
There is actually a supercharger like that in Aleksinac, Serbia.

It just occurred to me that this won't really help too many people because nobody will know about it. It doesn't show up as a charger on Tesla's web site. PlugShare doesn't show them yet. The eastbound charger shows on ABRP, but not the westbound.

It just occurred to me that this won't really help too many people because nobody will know about it. It doesn't show up as a charger on Tesla's web site. PlugShare doesn't show them yet. The eastbound charger shows on ABRP, but not the westbound.
Usually takes a few days for them to update car nav supercharger lists, I imagine it could update by 24th possibly?

Reactions: edseloh and mociaf9