Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Detroit OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night on KGW news it showed the Supercharger and Mountain High Grocery but the owner of Mtn High said he is not open and everything inside is ruined (by smoke I guess) and has to be replaced. He says it will take a while. No word there on the SC status but I saw another pic of someone charging there yesterday.

Last night on KGW news it showed the Supercharger and Mountain High Grocery but the owner of Mtn High said he is not open and everything inside is ruined (by smoke I guess) and has to be replaced. He says it will take a while. No word there on the SC status but I saw another pic of someone charging there yesterday.
I charged there on Wednesday. The Supercharger is the only functional piece of commercial real estate in the whole town. The people I talked to at the store said they were going to remodel the store and hopefully open back up in May. The coffee cart covered with Trump banners, down the road towards Bend, was open for business.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
I charged there on Wednesday. The Supercharger is the only functional piece of commercial real estate in the whole town. The people I talked to at the store said they were going to remodel the store and hopefully open back up in May. The coffee cart covered with Trump banners, down the road towards Bend, was open for business.
Espresso and Trump is a weird demographic. Good luck to them! :)

I once lived in a house that narrowly survived a fire like this. An arsonist burnt down the apartment building under construction that was only 4 ft away from the house. The firefighters saved our house but only by dousing everything inside and out with thousands of gallons of water. There was also significant smoke damage since our roof and attic did catch fire.

Anyways, it took us 6 months to get back into that house. All of the hardwood floors were buckled, the paint was bubbled, and the smell of smoke was everywhere even weeks afterwards. The landscaping was also a complete mess as the lawn had been turned to mud and there were bootprints over a foot deep in the mud from the firemen. Suffice it to say that the damage was more than you would expect despite the house being "saved" from the fire.

With a business, I would expect more urgency to re-open, but I would also expect it to be a much bigger project than simply making a house livable again. Given the seasonal nature of Detroit Lakes, I think the spring re-opening seems about right in this case.

Reactions: RocketMan88
Cruised through Detroit today. Everything working. Some of the equipment looks new following the big fire, but the stalls still look original. This location is perfect for topping off before heading to Black Butte and getting a snack at Mountain High Grocery.

1F8A212B-A6F7-450F-B82E-AA8ED35D15CF.jpeg