Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cupertino, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2018, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should have mentioned that there were 2 workers present. They seemed to be installing the base for the charging pedestals, so construction is in progress.

Best address seems to be: 19409 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Cupertino, CA
In the parking garage behind Pieology, on Level 2.

Charging pedestal bases placed loosely between parking spaces.

Attachments

• IMG_20171102_134156.jpg
    IMG_20171102_134156.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 204
I should have mentioned that there were 2 workers present. They seemed to be installing the base for the charging pedestals, so construction is in progress.

Best address seems to be: 19409 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Cupertino, CA
In the parking garage behind Pieology, on Level 2.

Different things in Cupertino Main Street have different addresses. The parking garage address is 19500 Vallco parkway, just like on the permit.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Different things in Cupertino Main Street have different addresses. The parking garage address is 19500 Vallco parkway, just like on the permit.
Right. Also, you would want to enter the garage from the Vallco Parkway side anyway, especially if coming from the freeway. The only problem is that Google Maps thinks 19500 is in front of Kula Sushi (19800 Vallco Parkway). Apple Maps gets it right and puts the pin directly on the correct parking garage.

Reactions: Ulmo and rrosenbl
miimura,

How did you find this spot? Did you do some sort of permit search, or physically go looking for it? If permit, search how does one do that?

This and the San Mateo chargers were certainly surprises. Where are the other surprises?

Reactions: rrosenbl
miimura,

How did you find this spot? Did you do some sort of permit search, or physically go looking for it? If permit, search how does one do that?

This and the San Mateo chargers were certainly surprises. Where are the other surprises?
This varies by city. I saw the Cupertino "coming soon" pin on the Tesla map, so I went to the city's web site and figured out how to search for permits.
They have a GIS tool for building permit search here: Cupertino Building Permits
I just put a date range of 1/1/2017-10/30/17 and the keyword "Tesla" and it just popped up. If you open up the date range you can also see residential HPWC and PowerWall permits too.

This is the actual permit: Error
That link is from a different permit search on their site www.cupertino.org

Last edited:
The wording in the permit seems to indicate the new development known as Cupertino Main Street. It's much nicer and busier than the old Vallco Mall.
I think the old Vallco Mall is a work of art. The trees, buildings and roads are architecturally stunning. But the shopping is -- peaceful; most stores closed. Great theaters for those of us who don't like crowds! All the newest best equipment and new movies, without the annoying mobs. Loads of parking. My favorite movie theater.

I've never visited the other businesses in the area; I suppose on the way to or from the theater, you can top up your car during the previews and before heading home, and get whatever you need before and after the movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffC and Kant.Ing
The 5th is standing away from the other 4.
I'll leap to assumptions and think that this probably means Tesla is confident enough of their equipment and instructions that any electrician who is not particularly familiar with their equipment can install it, and have been just handing out installation contracts to any electricians willing to do the work for the negotiated prices. Blueprints and a Tesla team sophisticated enough at making good blueprints probably helps. All assumptions and guesses. But, I think this is a good thing: the idea that electricians should be able to install a plug just makes sense, even if it's a proprietary 135kW plug full of water cooling, computers, networking, batteries, solar panels, equipment closets, etc.; every electric job has some application, and it usually boils down to a bunch of pipes, wires, switches, terminals, fasteners, sealants and cements, and a lot of electrical stuff.

My leap came from that one box off by itself; in my imagination, the electrician, unfamiliar with installing Tesla chargers, pulled that one box aside and started to examine it, before taking the papers home for the day.

This location is surrounded by Apple Offices. And if you ever watch employees leaving the Apple parking lots.. there are a lot of Tesla's. I stopped by on Friday (11/10) to check on the status of the construction on the second floor. As I drove past the Level 2 chargers on the first floor there were seven Tesla's and they were actually plugged in. Granted there are over 20 L2 chargers here but that is a fair number of Tesla's charging.

I had dinner at Eureka tonight and parked in the Main Street Garage. Most of the pedestal bases appear to be correctly placed and screwed to the floor. No other progress was readily visible. This will definitely be a surface conduit installation similar to the new Burbank site.

This location is surrounded by Apple Offices. And if you ever watch employees leaving the Apple parking lots.. there are a lot of Tesla's. I stopped by on Friday (11/10) to check on the status of the construction on the second floor. As I drove past the Level 2 chargers on the first floor there were seven Tesla's and they were actually plugged in. Granted there are over 20 L2 chargers here but that is a fair number of Tesla's charging.

Yes it may be heavily used by Apple employees...