Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chantilly, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They pulled the wire today,

CF6B4608-D848-45CB-93EE-8A85F198EA3D.jpeg

I left real early this morning for work. I saw four utility line line trucks in the parking lot next to the transformer. :)

One guy had his window down and asked him if he was there to turn on the power? "Nope were just eating breakfast."o_O

They put the sign post brackets in but not signs on them.

Everything is live, the fans are running wide open on every pedestal but no charging. I thought I saw the lights on last night but was pressed for time. I tried 3 stalls with no luck but I’m sitting at 80% trying to run up to 100%

View attachment 562754 View attachment 562755

NOVEC has great service team
Your post is a bit confusing. Are you getting a charge or not?

Reactions: MarcoRP
The fans and or pumps are running wide open on the pedestals. I have never seen or heard that before. It was dark outside.

I was NOT able to charge. I tried three stalls with no luck. I was also at 80% state of charge trying to see if it would start charging if I wanted to change it up to 100%. The charger went through all the motions but just sat at 0 KW/ 0 MPH charge rate. The plug would cycle blue and red.

I will try again tonight on the way home. I've been running around burning up miles. So more news and Fried Chicken tonight.

I have the new Raven Tesla which can high rate charge up to 225 KW. What people don't know is the new gen in car charging system CAN NOT charge on the old first generation destination chargers. I could not charge at the Hilton McLean or Ocean city Holiday Inn destination chargers. Trust me I volunteered to swap them out for free if they would ship them to me, got crickets. I don't imagine there are many of them out there given there age. Tyson's was upgraded and works.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Do they just need new software? Seems like they would make the car backward compatible to older connectors. The charger is in the car except when Supercharging.

They didn't say. the first gen units could not be networked together and I thought a lot of them go retrofitted. It would be a firmware update i would think. How hard would it be for the new gen chargers to talk to the old chargers?? maybe I have secret batteries in my car and Tesla wont talk until there battery day? Seriously it doesn't make much sense. In my industry they go as far as possible to reverse engineer things to be compatible. Now a days chip sets are the issue and they simply can't get them so we are SOL. I wonder if something has happened with the cars or the chargers.

The fans and or pumps are running wide open on the pedestals. I have never seen or heard that before. It was dark outside.

I was NOT able to charge. I tried three stalls with no luck. I was also at 80% state of charge trying to see if it would start charging if I wanted to change it up to 100%. The charger went through all the motions but just sat at 0 KW/ 0 MPH charge rate. The plug would cycle blue and red.

I will try again tonight on the way home. I've been running around burning up miles. So more news and Fried Chicken tonight.

I have the new Raven Tesla which can high rate charge up to 225 KW. What people don't know is the new gen in car charging system CAN NOT charge on the old first generation destination chargers. I could not charge at the Hilton McLean or Ocean city Holiday Inn destination chargers. Trust me I volunteered to swap them out for free if they would ship them to me, got crickets. I don't imagine there are many of them out there given there age. Tyson's was upgraded and works.
Status is the same as of 5:45 pm. Chargers lit. Cooling fans running full tilt. Nothing but red after plugging in. Tried two chargers.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl