Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cadillac, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears there is enough room to build a curb in the back of the stalls to mount the pedestals on and separate the spaces from the roadway. I doubt they will be pull-through spaces like Petaluma.

I agree with you. Just to clarify: I don't necessarily believe they would be pull through stalls. However, if they are not on a curb, this will be problematic come winter.

We'll know soon. From my quick look at the site plan I think they will be accessible only from the parking lot, not the adjacent road---which would be logical. Some construction equipment was on site today along with some workers so construction is actually starting! It will be great to have this supercharger for those traveling to Traverse City and the tourist areas around and North of here. I would be great for me also but my Tesla resides in Florida.

Does anyone have any updates on the progress of the Cadillac, MI Supercharger? Any photos or info would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to drive to Traverse City, Petosky, Charlevoix and Harbor Springs from Chicago in October.
Cheers!

I posted an update two days ago but it never appeared. The asphalt has been removed, the sonotubes for pouring the pads for the pedestals are in place (confirming access will be from inside the parking lot, not from the access road). The underground conduit is run along with the risers for the supercharger cabinets which are located at the far South end of the facility. There is no evidence of the main power transformer or any cabling from the high voltage side of the utility system to the site. It is progressing nicely, however It might be a little early to predict a October operational date---it might be close.

I posted an update two days ago but it never appeared. The asphalt has been removed, the sonotubes for pouring the pads for the pedestals are in place (confirming access will be from inside the parking lot, not from the access road). The underground conduit is run along with the risers for the supercharger cabinets which are located at the far South end of the facility. There is no evidence of the main power transformer or any cabling from the high voltage side of the utility system to the site. It is progressing nicely, however It might be a little early to predict a October operational date---it might be close.

If you could be so kind to post a weekly update, this SC is vital to make a Late Fall / Winter trip to visit my in-laws (North of Traverse City).

I greatly appreciate all your updates. Thank you for getting all of us informed.

Some photos from this afternoon of the new Cadillac, MI Tesla Supercharger at the Meijer store. I spoke with some of the construction people and they said they did not know what it was or when it would be finished.

Tesla Supercharger Cadillac 1.JPG
Tesla supercharger Cadillac 2.JPG
Tesla supercharger Cadillac 3.JPG

Thanks so much for the updates Jim! This is very exciting. Looking forward to numerous summer trips to Northern Michigan next year. Heading to Crystal Mountain in two weeks for one night as part of a wedding trip in Harbor Springs- unfortunately, will not be able to take the Tesla due time constraints.

Thanks so much for the updates Jim! This is very exciting. Looking forward to numerous summer trips to Northern Michigan next year. Heading to Crystal Mountain in two weeks for one night as part of a wedding trip in Harbor Springs- unfortunately, will not be able to take the Tesla due time constraints.[/QUOTE
Great. Please have our front desk let me know when you arrive. I would enjoy welcoming you.

Stopped by the Cadillac supercharger today. The 500 KVA transformer is sitting on its pad. The four supercharger cabinets and the switchgear are in place along with all the pedestals. The concrete curbing is being finished and concrete work appears to be complete. The local utility (Consumers Energy) was hooking up the underground cables from the transformer to a new pole coming in from the lines along Boon road. The fence around the equipment needs to be completed, pedestal covers installed and the asphalt surface in the parking area need to be replaced. I would give it a week or so to be up and running---a lot of workers there today.

P
Stopped by the Cadillac supercharger today. The 500 KVA transformer is sitting on its pad. The four supercharger cabinets and the switchgear are in place along with all the pedestals. The concrete curbing is being finished and concrete work appears to be complete. The local utility (Consumers Energy) was hooking up the underground cables from the transformer to a new pole coming in from the lines along Boon road. The fence around the equipment needs to be completed, pedestal covers installed and the asphalt surface in the parking area need to be replaced. I would give it a week or so to be up and running---a lot of workers there today.

Awesome news! Thank you for the update!

I was in the T.C. area for a conference, and decided to check out the construction on the way back. The area is now completely enclosed by a chain-link fence. It looks like the supercharger install proper is basically done -- near as I could tell, it just needed some more number decals. The permit info is posted on the fence -- I took some pictures in case it was of interest. The meter pan is installed on the side of the transformer, but the meter hasn't been installed yet.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
The only thing left is a couple of light poles to be installed in the area of the pedestals---the bases are there. Also the final overhead connection to the distribution service across Boon road needs to be completed to energize the system. All the wires are there, hanging on the pole on the Meijer side of the street. Shouldn't take but a couple of hours for the utility to complete. I wouldn't be surprised to see this site in operation this week!

Thanks for the update. Shouldn't be too much longer.

I was in the T.C. area for a conference, and decided to check out the construction on the way back. The area is now completely enclosed by a chain-link fence. It looks like the supercharger install proper is basically done -- near as I could tell, it just needed some more number decals. The permit info is posted on the fence -- I took some pictures in case it was of interest. The meter pan is installed on the side of the transformer, but the meter hasn't been installed yet.