Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we are now looking at six years from announcement to site opening. And the rest of the 401 from London to Gananoque is pretty well populated with SCs but east of Gan it is now pretty grim, with only Cornwall, which isn't a convenient site.
The bright side is there is available high power charging available at all the en route stations if you have a CCS adapter and if you do not, there are Tesla plugs capable of 50kw at those same stations.

1680393312962.png

There's so much vacant land long the 401
Just build a SC somewhere else if this town doesn't want the business

Charging hubs are common in Europe and appear to be doing pretty well.
The same concept should work in Canada eh
I've said it before here and will repeat it again. Two exits further East from Brockville is the Prescott exit with a Canadian Tire right off the highway, and a handful of fast food restaurants. Plus it's only one exit away from the border crossing to Ogdensburg. IMHO this is a better location than Brockville. They've recently cleared a bunch of land at the Prescott exit for some new commercial development. Who knows.. maybe the SC will go there.

• Love
Reactions: zknobody
I've said it before here and will repeat it again. Two exits further East from Brockville is the Prescott exit with a Canadian Tire right off the highway, and a handful of fast food restaurants. Plus it's only one exit away from the border crossing to Ogdensburg. IMHO this is a better location than Brockville. They've recently cleared a bunch of land at the Prescott exit for some new commercial development. Who knows.. maybe the SC will go there.
Not for Tesla, they are putting up a new Hotel there. Would be a good candidate for having some super chargers in their parking lot though.

Reactions: ccudmore
You are 100% correct. It makes more sense to facilitate people going down to the states and still being convenient on the 401/416.

It is so stupid that there are no SCs between Gan and Cornwall, yet the stretch from Port Hope to Gan has a ton of SCs. I will be driving back to Toronto from Ottawa this weekend, and I will likely not have a high SOC when leaving Ottawa. Prescott or Brockville would likely be my best spots.

Someone needs to add it to the supercharger voting site to get it on the radar

Reactions: Oongupot
You are 100% correct. It makes more sense to facilitate people going down to the states and still being convenient on the 401/416.

It is so stupid that there are no SCs between Gan and Cornwall, yet the stretch from Port Hope to Gan has a ton of SCs.
Also no one wants to divert well off the highway to get to the Cornwall supercharger which basically has no amenities. And if you bypass that, you have to go all the way into Montreal metro. The stretch from Gan to Pointe-Claire is 239km. Depending on traffic and final destination, Pointe-Claire might be a diversion to your fastest route as well.