Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add an additional layer of confidence for the Regency Square location, I received an email from the property manager confirming that they are working on a lease with Tesla for the supercharger station, and looking at the design of the facilities. The manager also mentioned that Tesla is very anxious to get this location in place.
Dan,

Great information! Thanks.

Larry

Where is Regency Square, Brandon?

east of I-75 about .2 of a mile and north of HWY 60. Directly across HWY 60 from the entrance to Brandon Square Mall.

The location has terrible traffic getting in and out (don't even try to get near there during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays), and very congested parking area traffic after you get into the shopping center. Convenient to I-75, but generally a poor choice of location IMHO.

Just to add an additional layer of confidence for the Regency Square location, I received an email from the property manager confirming that they are working on a lease with Tesla for the supercharger station, and looking at the design of the facilities. The manager also mentioned that Tesla is very anxious to get this location in place.

Could you share his email address so we could all send him an email that we are as anxious to get this going as Tesla ? Stating or course that we will do LOTS of shopping there...

Or do you guys think this is a bad idea ?

Could you share his email address so we could all send him an email that we are as anxious to get this going as Tesla ? Stating or course that we will do LOTS of shopping there...

Or do you guys think this is a bad idea ?

I won't share the contact information I have, though it's pretty easy to find with a little bit of google work. This particular location, as mentioned by others, is not in need of additional traffic lol. I believe they understand the benefits of leasing to Tesla and I don't believe they need any additional encouragement/motivation. Feel free to do as you choose, but I don't think we'll gain anything by contacting them. I'm not trying to be gatekeeper, just think they wouldn't want to be bothered more than I already have :)

Actually arriving on June 29th, but thanks for the offer anyway! There seems to be some public chargers in the area that I'll use as a backup in case the supercharger isn't there in time.

Leave Port Orange with a range charge and you'll easily get to Sarasota if you stick to 70mph. Other options would be to stop at the Tesla service center in Sanford (Orlando) and/or Tampa where they can give you a top-up. Lots of folks down here who'll help you out with a charge, lots of free stations in Sarasota when you get here.

Leave Port Orange with a range charge and you'll easily get to Sarasota if you stick to 70mph. Other options would be to stop at the Tesla service center in Sanford (Orlando) and/or Tampa where they can give you a top-up. Lots of folks down here who'll help you out with a charge, lots of free stations in Sarasota when you get here.

Thanks Nigel. Port Orange was my plan for getting there, but the condos we are staying at say they can't even give me a 110V, so I'm actually more worried about destination charging. Thanks for confirming that I shouldn't have an issue from Port Orange. If the Tampa SC is not done by the time I make the trip, I will definitely reach out to the community to see what's available or just find a public charger and leave the car overnight (we are traveling with some other families so I should be able to get a ride to a charger pretty easily). Thanks again for all the help.

I'll be traveling from NJ to St. Petersburg, FL next Thursday. Should be fun.

I decided to book my hotel at one of the few places that had an EV charger, just for some peace of mind, even though the only places that had chargers were a little more expensive than other options. But, saving $200-300 on fuel vs taking the Volt (or worse a less efficient ICE vehicle), so, it works out. :) Do wish they had this SC in place though...

I heard that Brandon, FL was the location. That seems to be consistent with your info. Is this the location that you were talking about? 310 Grand Regency Blvd - Google Maps

Is there any way to check building permits in Brandon?

Last edited:
I heard that Brandon, FL was the location. That seems to be consistent with your info. Is this the location? 310 Grand Regency Blvd - Google Maps

Please refer to posting #5.

Is there any way to check building permits in Brandon?

Please refer to posting #6.

Since Dan has a working relationship with the property manager we might want to save us some premature searching by waiting for notification from her that Tesla has signed the leasing agreement.

Larry