Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Atlanta, GA - Krog St NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by & took some pics.
Sunday 06.25.2023 10:44am
They have awhile to go, the parking lot was almost full.
IMG_0384.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    625.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    809.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    736.7 KB · Views: 74
The two cabinet pads are done, and now they're working on the switchgear / transformer pad (not sure this site is getting a transformer though). This is a really tight construction site and I imagine that slows down progress. Two large boxes have been delivered, presumably the power conversion cabinets (I didn't scrutinize the labels). Extremely tight and busy parking lot as always.

Attachments

• 20230702_142825.jpg
    20230702_142825.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: nogajim
As of yesterday afternoon, one of the two power conversion cabinets had been placed and the wiring had been pulled to the four pedestals associated with that cabinet. I couldn't see the rest -- it's a super crowded and busy site as I've mentioned previously.

Reactions: nogajim
The second power conversion cabinet is in, along with the associated wire pulls, and was being serviced when I stopped by today. The transformer pad is ready with conduit, awaiting utility delivery -- well, I assume it's a transformer, could be switchgear with transformer elsewhere. Continued slow progress likely due to the cramped conditions and demanding site.

I stopped by here nearly a week ago, last friday, but forgot to post the report here. Actually I do remember drafting it, probably dictating it while driving away, but maybe I just never completed the post and hit submit -- or TMC ate it, who knows. The site is completely done except for utility transformer. I did notice that the pedestals are not flush with the ground since there's a slight slope at this site. The concrete bases were probably supposed to be poured level, not parallel to ground.

I did a drive by TODAY ( which is when I realized that I had not posted the above report from last week) and the only change is that the parking signs are up. It says Tesla only for all 8 spots, which I'm a little surprised by because this is a very busy parking lot. I guess they are doubling down on telling people they really need to park in the new deck around the corner.

Attachments

• 20230721_145402.jpg
    20230721_145402.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230721_145501.jpg
    20230721_145501.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 90
Ran buy this super humid morning. Also wonder if you have to pay for parking if charging?

Also a couple of wasted bandwidth pics. One a little "tourist" Jackson Bridge pic with a wider view.

IMG_3473 (1).jpeg

IMG_3474.jpeg
IMG_3479.jpeg
IMG_3477.jpeg

Last edited:
Just for kicks I scanned the pic and it is $4.00 + a bull shi$ service fee of 48¢ per hour stating on the first hour. So you would have a surcharge of $4.48 to charge. Fine if you are patronizing a local business but seems like an excessive extra if all you want is to charge your car.

I stopped by here on Tuesday June 13th, a full week ago, but forgot to post here. Trenching was done, conduit was in concrete was likely to get poured soon.

I'll actually be stopping by there again tomorrow, but wanted to get this note in for the record.

EDIT: I don't know what's wrong with the photo upload; TMC has a history of image upload problems, so I assume it's a TMC problem
I work across the street from here and didn’t even know this was getting built. I was so surprised and glad to see superchargers this morning! I see how this would suck for interstate access although not too bad. You just have to drive a few blocks from the I-75 exit at least. For locals and people who work here this is great. I charge for free at my work parking lot but in the case they are all taken up one day now I don’t have to worry.

Yup. As I said almost a year ago when this construction started, this may be the most intensely used parking lot in the entire metro area, 12 hours a day. Every yahoo in town trying to go to the Beltline for the first time goes here thinking they can park. There's a parking deck around the corner, and that's where I expected Tesla to put this site originally because this little parking lot is so ridiculous. But at least they are keeping ICE vehicles out of the spot -- the valet guys probably run over if they see someone parking there incorrectly.

Reactions: SKRGO