Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suma Performance blind spot mirrors compared to OEM with stick on convex mirrors.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Replaced my OEM mirrors that I had stick on convex blind spot mirrors on with some Suma Performance replacement convex mirrors. The swap was very simple, there are several video's that show how to do it if you need some instructions. I took several pictures from my seating position of the stock setup vs the new mirrors.

Enjoy!

First is stock drivers side with stick on convex mirror.

20230709_160957.jpg

Second is replacement in same position as the OEM mirror (shows much more of the side of the car)

20230709_162434.jpg

Last is the new mirror adjusted to show less of the car, and more of the view to the side behind the car.

20230709_162824.jpg

A quick look at the passenger side mirror pictures, the difference seems very slight... you are giving up the auto dimming feature for not much gain on the passenger side.

First is OEM passenger side.
20230709_161102.jpg

And finally, the replacement passenger side mirror.

20230709_162531.jpg

Later,

Keith

Reactions: alexcue
FWIW, if those are NXTGen stick on's, and assuming that's a model Y (since we're in the "Y" forum), those are mounted incorrectly.

Now let's be clear: I'm not saying the OP is wrong, in fact he/she probably doesn't have NXTGen's. I'm ONLY sharing that IF, and BTW, the view of the NXTGen is pretty wide. And I get correct distance on the main mirror still. YMMV, etc..

FWIW, if those are NXTGen stick on's, and assuming that's a model Y (since we're in the "Y" forum), those are mounted incorrectly.

Now let's be clear: I'm not saying the OP is wrong, in fact he/she probably doesn't have NXTGen's. I'm ONLY sharing that IF, and BTW, the view of the NXTGen is pretty wide. And I get correct distance on the main mirror still. YMMV, etc..
These NXTGen's Look good to me. ordered a set, has to be better than stock.

I had the Suma mirrors on my M3 which has horrible stock mirrors (or rather poorly designed housing, which prevents you from adjusting the mirror the way you should). Sumas have a blue tint to them that makes them anti-glare at night. Those mirrors made a HUGE diff in the M3. The MY mirrors are MUCH better than the M3 mirrors so I'm gonna keep them. Plus, it was scary as hell when popping the stock mirrors out. Thought I was gonna break something.

I had the Suma mirrors on my M3 which has horrible stock mirrors (or rather poorly designed housing, which prevents you from adjusting the mirror the way you should). Sumas have a blue tint to them that makes them anti-glare at night. Those mirrors made a HUGE diff in the M3. The MY mirrors are MUCH better than the M3 mirrors so I'm gonna keep them. Plus, it was scary as hell when popping the stock mirrors out. Thought I was gonna break something.
You can get the Sumas with or without the blue tint. I have heavily tinted windows so I went with no coating on the mirrors.

Keith