Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello, I searched and didn’t find a Definitive answer. Is there any way to stream through the Model 3’s unit other than the native apps? Can you add other streaming services, or so you have to resort to Bluetooth for that?

I have to say, this is by far the most disappointing aspect of the car. I’m coming from Apple CarPlay and will miss a lot of those functions. Especially Siri and texting. Plus Waze. And Amazon music. And controlling the music on my iPhone.

I really don’t feel like exporting my iTunes songs to a USB, from the posts the USB interface seems pretty finicky anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Not that I am aware of. Any bluetooth music source you start on your phone will play through the audio in the car if you select "phone" as the music source.

Right now, I am missing seeing and responding to texts coming from BMW idrive integration. No "long press' to activate phone assistant which I used in my BMW. I dont care about car play or android auto, but it seems that tesla could easily (and I mean easily) integrate some other apps into the touch screen.