Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Still Getting Free Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my MR Model 3 on 12/2/18 with a referral, and received 6 months free supercharging. My account has always said "Free Supercharging Expires 5/2/19". However, after supercharging after 5/2, I've never been charged.

Checked My Account online, and it still shows "Free Supercharging Expires 5/2/19"!

Has anyone else seen this glitch?

• Funny
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I purchased my MR Model 3 on 12/2/18 with a referral, and received 6 months free supercharging. My account has always said "Free Supercharging Expires 5/2/19". However, after supercharging after 5/2, I've never been charged.

Checked My Account online, and it still shows "Free Supercharging Expires 5/2/19"!

Have you ever given anyone or posted your Tesla referral?

I know sometimes you can get free charging that way!

If not, good question on why they haven't caught it yet!

When Supercharging for $$, you should see total cost at the lower right section of the charging details screen. What do you see here?

I have not given out any referrals, and no referrals are showing in my account.

Also, when I supercharge it doesn't show any charge in the lower screen (since Day 1), and I've never seen a charge on my CC or account.

Just checked again and still says:

Supercharging Status
Free Supercharging until May 2, 2019

Wait a second. Now I’m second guessing myself! Lol

Dec 2 -> jan 2 = 1 month
Jan 2 - feb 2 = 2 months
Feb 2 - mar 2 = 3 months
Mar 2 - apr 2 = 4 months
Apr 2 - May 2 = 5 months

So he’s right??

Even so, there’s 2 glitches. 5 months of free supercharging instead of 6. But also, I’m well past 6 months (June 2) and still getting it free.

Reactions: SJC3

Mine was delivered 12/4/18, originally had 6 month free supercharging to expire 6/2, but then changed to 9 months free SC. Account shows 9/4/19 expiration.

Maybe yours has 9 month free SC too...

Some folks who did not take an official Tesla Test Drive before purchase were given 3 months of free supercharging. If you had a 6 month referral also, then you would get 9 months total. However, the 9 months end date should show up in your account.

You might want to change your handle to “notAMathExpert”. It’s 6 months from December 2nd to May 2nd.

I’m not smart enough to figure out how to change the handle, but I do know that avatars can be changed.

Here’s a suggestion:
AAED68EB-EDF1-4E4C-873B-D33F4408E075.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte and Big City

Are you going to several different SuperChargers and none of them have billed you? There are some SuperChargers that are free regardless of whether you have free supercharging or not.

Mine was delivered 12/4/18, originally had 6 month free supercharging to expire 6/2, but then changed to 9 months free SC. Account shows 9/4/19 expiration.

Maybe yours has 9 month free SC too...

Same thing for me. In my Tesla account it does show the date. Free supercharging til August, XX 2019. Car delivered November 2018.

I did refer a friend who got his car in May with the 5000 mile bonus, I don’t see that displayed but it shows in my referrals. It’ll be interesting what expiration date is applied for that referral.

Took delivery back in November with referral, so 6 months of free SC. Provided a referral in April/May - when there was a brief moment for an additional 6 months, unfortunately my referral didn’t use the link provided, and ended up going back and forth with Tesla on the referral and they held their ground. So, officially no referral! My 6 Month SC should have ended beginning of June. When I hit the SC in Livermore, the bottom right corner of the screen shows the cost, but then on my account it zeros out. Credit card on file is valid... Does Tesla charge per transaction or monthly? Will keep on SC until I get charged...

7A3E9F36-0C7C-4130-AA39-B77668A88AC6.jpeg
E4D5D2F0-1A03-44C1-A5B6-156341708DBA.jpeg

Took delivery back in November with referral, so 6 months of free SC. Provided a referral in April/May - when there was a brief moment for an additional 6 months, unfortunately my referral didn’t use the link provided, and ended up going back and forth with Tesla on the referral and they held their ground. So, officially no referral! My 6 Month SC should have ended beginning of June....

I predict your Free SC will end Sep 3, 2019 at midnight pacific time. ;)