Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Not Centered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that when I drive my new MS my steering wheel is not exactly centered when driving perfectly straight. The left side of the steering wheel is a little lower then the right. The car drives straight but looking at the steering wheel it's a little off.
Can this be adjusted or normal for Tesla?
Thx

• Informative
Reactions: Struja and gfab333
I've noticed that when I drive my new MS my steering wheel is not exactly centered when driving perfectly straight. The left side of the steering wheel is a little lower then the right. The car drives straight but looking at the steering wheel it's a little off.
Thx

It can be adjusted (and should be) during an alignment. That drives me nuts and, for me, requires an immediate alignment. :)

Mike

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Andyw2100
Thx
Mine was off but the car pulled slightly to the right. I made an appointment a week after picking up the car and they did the alignment for free. After 2 weeks, the steering wheel is slightly off to the left now but the car goes straight.

Thx

Received my model S three weeks ago and have the exact same issue. I plan on taking it to the SC with a punch list on this and a few other minor issues.

Received my model S three weeks ago and have the exact same issue. I plan on taking it to the SC with a punch list on this and a few other minor issues.

Problem solved. Great service by the Kakaako SC team, SA Chauntelle and Guru mechanic Eric!!!

Really appreciate Eric taking the time to explain some other tech items on the car to me as well. First class customer service!

Thx
Left side down seems to be the default position from the factory. Also, the headlights seem to be always aimed low. 1-2 turns of the adjuster up is about right.

Thx

I didn't even know this could be a thing until I read your post. Got in my car and noticed mine isn't even close to straight either.

Probably wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. Don't know if your post was a blessing or a curse!!! LOL!!!

Depending on the road you are on, the crown that sheds water to the shoulder can cause you to need to provide a slight correction from center. On a multilane highway, this effect would be opposite for left vs right lanes.