Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Start Charging Error for a second!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging question - I have noticed lately that every time I plug in the charger, the app instantly shows that the charging has stopped or sometimes Tesla start charging failed and after a couple of seconds, the charging starts. No error or FC’s on the screen. Any idea what’s wrong with it? Thanks!

8 Comments

Comment

Send

Charging

Check the charging port and charging connector for signs of dirt, corrosion or a broken or stuck insulator. Replace the charging equipment if the charging connector shows signs of damage.

Conduct a test by using the Mobile Connector or charging at a different location, (if public Level 2 charging station using the Tesla SAE J1772 adapter.) Try using a Supercharger for a short Supercharger charging session to check for any errors while using the Supercharger.

You can open a service request via the Tesla app if the charging port is faulty.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar issue. Gen 3 Wall charger. 2021 MY. 25,000 miles. Two weeks ago, after update 2022.36.2, The wall unit would charge for 3 to 5 minutes and stop. No alerts, no errors. I used my portable charger and it worked fine. Took a road trip to LA 1,000 miles round trip (no issues). Used my portable charger at the AirBB (no issues). Returned home - Gen 3 wall charger failed - used my portable and charged 60% no issues. 2022.40.4.1 was uploaded today to my Y along with a firmware update to my Wall unit (22.41.1). I'll report back tomorrow. I'm using the "Wall Monitor" App on my iPhone. Oh, I've done resets on both the Wall unit and my car.

Upvote 0