Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ subwoofer retrofit with premium interior audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm weighing out my options before going custom and installing a 3rd party subwoofer on a SR+.

Has anyone tried to retrofit a factory subwoofer from the premium interior into an SR+? I see a couple of these subs on eBay, but if the level of effort is more than just installing a 3rd party sub as mentioned in other threads, then I'll just go custom.

I'm weighing out my options before going custom and installing a 3rd party subwoofer on a SR+.

Has anyone tried to retrofit a factory subwoofer from the premium interior into an SR+? I see a couple of these subs on eBay, but if the level of effort is more than just installing a 3rd party sub as mentioned in other threads, then I'll just go custom.

From what I’ve seen the wiring isn’t there on SR+

I'm looking for the same info. Was thinking of tapping a signal off the rear doors to supply a couple of mids and a custom sub in the rear. It should be possible to install a sub up high on the crossmember to keep the boot empty, but using the default location would also be fine.