Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR downgrade finally coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess the intern who wrote the email didn't read Page 4 of the Purchase Agreement.

THE INFORMATION YOU SEE ON THE WINDOW FORM FOR THIS VEHICLE IS PART OF THIS CONTRACT. INFORMATION ON THE WINDOW FORM OVERRIDES ANY CONTRARY PROVISIONS IN THE CONTRACT OF SALE.

What if someone randomly walk into Tesla delivery center, print out some prank monroney that matches the car's VIN # and stated they are all Model 3 performance model (heck, make it a Model 3 space shuttle edition) instead of SR+/SR, is Tesla holds accountable for this mismatch, or the guy that performs the prank holds accountable and you will sue him for the price difference?

You have a point there.
Elon messed up.
He should not have sold SR+ as SR as I was saying.
This is a mess.
WTF....

Elon screwed up the SR+ owners like you and me and the others, now adding more SR owners into the band! hope there will at least be some good news/perks for the SR+ owners that's bought in the car at March/April and decided not to downgrade.

Shouldn't be a surprise. This is what was being advertised on acceleration and was in the press. From GreenCarReports on February 28, 2019 "Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Arrives Soon at $35,000 and 220 Miles. Really.":

"The Standard Range model, which costs $36,200 after a mandatory destination and documents fee, is listed with specifications that include a 130-mph top speed and a 0-60 mph acceleration time in 5.6 seconds.....

Another new Model 3, the Standard Range Plus, will cost $38,200 and bring 240 miles of range, with a top speed of 140 mph and 5.3-second acceleration."

Where's the confusion or surprise?

Just sad the number of disparging remarks about this company I see on this forum and the misinformation spread. I get it when it comes from short-sellers who are looking to profit themselves.
It's interesting that your quotes ARE NOT FROM TESLA BUT FROM AN OUTSIDE SOURCE. Unfortunate that Tesla didn't put the info clearly on their website and their sales people had no idea! (I was told by one I couldn't buy SR unelss I had put down an deposit years ago, another said it had cloth seats, etc.)

Seriously thought of that too.. anyone ever try this?

I only know that if you have physical access to your modules, there are people that can reprogram them to pretty much do anything you like. Obviously this may affect warranty, future updates, and other functionality. But I'd definitely wager that they'd be able to turn back on anything Tesla turned off. Do you really want to do this to a brand new car though?

Page 4 of my purchase agreement says in bold and all caps “THE INFORMATION YOU SEE ON THE WINDOW FORM FOR THIS VEHICLE IS PART OF THIS CONTRACT. INFORMATION ON THE WINDOW FORM OVERRIDES ANY CONTRARY PROVISIONS IN THE CONTRACT OF SALE.”
So the assumption I make is that the persons that ordered the SR and received the SR+ didn’t know the details of what they were buying.
My question is:
So since in the Window form the following are not present it will be ok for tesla to remove and you would accept it:
Ability to connect to super charger
Tesla app
Possibility to open the trunk/frunk/charging port remotely
Charging cable
Split AC
Map on the screen
Most of the functionality on the screen
Any future update
etc...?

I mean I like free things, don’t get me
wrong but suing a company because I want to stick with it something free is another story,

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
What if someone randomly walk into Tesla delivery center, print out some prank monroney that matches the car's VIN # and stated they are all Model 3 performance model (heck, make it a Model 3 space shuttle edition) instead of SR+/SR, is Tesla holds accountable for this mismatch, or the guy that performs the prank holds accountable and you will sue him for the price difference?
No, according to the law the person will have to pay 1000USD of fine or go to jail for a maximum of 1 year, no refunds listed and obviously Tesla is not accountable.

Understood but my point was the email should spell these things out rather than making people refer to “literature” which is not online anywhere and can only be found by searching forums like this one or finding a sales rep if you can get one to take your call. And why are they asking people to schedule an appointment with the service center to avoid this downgrade? Is there even an option in the app under “schedule service” that references “don’t allow my SR+ to be downgraded”? It’s just a poorly written email that leaves more questions than answers. To my knowledge Tesla still has not announced a price to avoid a downgrade from SR+ to SR after delivery. Nor have they established a price nor process to downgrade a customer who paid for an SR+ and only wants an SR. If the email was clearly written we wouldn’t be on post #73 talking about this, right?
My apologies for the ignorance.
When somebody ordered the SR either online or via phone, were the information provided on a car configurator or via phone? I’m not trying to be silly, just trying to understand what will be taken away.
1 person showed his configuration, so i’m expecting he will be given what is in the configuration and the feature listed will not be taken away. What about everybody else that is complaining? What were you showed to be buying at the time?

Guys, please don't feed the trolls and try to reason with the people who got slighted. SR was on menu with less features than what people got. The only people who ordered it off menu are the people who knew what they were supposed to get when it was on the menu and then found out that it's an even better deal. People will always try to feel victimized. Even though, they got an extremely long trial of better features and even free seat/interior upgrades, they feel slighted. Don't waste your time in arguing with them, move on and and read this thread as an example of the dire state of humanity and it's pessimism.

I'm a little confused.. I bought SR+... they're giving options to downgrade for a refund of money? What exact features will be taken away if you take them up on the offer. I already feel as if I am missing out on the fun as it is, since I did not buy FSD.
Not for us, people that purchased thr Regular Standard Range 220 miles, had some of the Perks like the Plus, now they will remove them.

Fred

My apologies for the ignorance.
When somebody ordered the SR either online or via phone, were the information provided on a car configurator or via phone? I’m not trying to be silly, just trying to understand what will be taken away.
1 person showed his configuration, so i’m expecting he will be given what is in the configuration and the feature listed will not be taken away. What about everybody else that is complaining? What were you showed to be buying at the time?

It was not. It showed the SR+ features. You cant buy an SR on the website. You have to buy the SR+ and later Tesla changes the configuration to an SR. all done over the phone OR in person at a dealer. That were the shady sales promises come into play. The customer either trusts what they are told or they do research on their own to know the reality of what the SR really is. Since Tesla has opened it sales to more of the general public ( and less enthusiasts ) the common person usually doesn't scan forums for research.

• Disagree
Reactions: joe12pack and SO16
The more I think about the email that Tesla sent out the more I find myself scratching my head. It instructs you to schedule a service appointment if you want to continue enjoying the faster acceleration, Autopilot and other features. Looking through the options for scheduling service through the app I see nothing referencing an SR+ downgrade. I bet if you were to call the service center and ask about this they would have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Why would I schedule a service appointment to pay Tesla more money to keep my car running exactly the way it is?

Who wrote this email? It’s as if they are completely disconnected from the rest of the company and just threw some words together without discussing it with anyone.

Hopefully they will just cap the range and say acceleration is now slower but keep it as is.

I have given rides in my M3 to many people and the one thing that every one was impressed with was the acceleration. It is the best advertising Tesla has. Now they want to reduce that when they can keep it the same at zero cost to them? Not very business savvy.

I have given rides in my M3 to many people and the one thing that every one was impressed with was the acceleration. It is the best advertising Tesla has. Now they want to reduce that when they can keep it the same at zero cost to them? Not very business savvy.
I paid extra for better acceleration (among other things) you didn’t.

Why do you deserve it?

5.3sec and heated seats are the reason I bought SR+ for $2500 more. LOL. Isn't that funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.