Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ 2021 - Unused connector into the frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Today, i found these unused wire connectors into the frunk, in the part near the front lock mechanism. (look at the attached files).

Do someone have information about these two unused wired connectors ?

Attachments

• IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3426.JPG
    IMG_3426.JPG
    552.5 KB · Views: 101
Speaking of the disabled fog light for the SR+, the wiring is present but, on the light assembly, the fog light is missing and the central pin of the 3 pin plug is missing too. I have to find new assemblies with all lights built in. I ordered a pair from China as an upgrade fog light kit on AliExpress. It comes not only with everything but a 40A / 12V automotive relay. I just install a 12V push button illuminated switch in the interior central console and route wires from 12v cigarette lighter to not fool the e-fuse by tapping 12v. The fog lights and the relay feed are wired to the 12V battery. It works perfectly but it's an old pushbutton technology approach. I have to warn you, it is a big job, it takes me 3 days to study and disassembling, prep soldering new automotive one and two pin connectors to new wires, find a way to go from the cabin to the frunk and removing and replacing the actual assembly and tap the original wires. I live in a mountain area so new fog lights are welcome here at this time of year.

Upvote 0
Speaking of the disabled fog light for the SR+, the wiring is present but, on the light assembly, the fog light is missing and the central pin of the 3 pin plug is missing too. I have to find new assemblies with all lights built in. I ordered a pair from China as an upgrade fog light kit on AliExpress. It comes not only with everything but a 40A / 12V automotive relay. I just install a 12V push button illuminated switch in the interior central console and route wires from 12v cigarette lighter to not fool the e-fuse by tapping 12v. The fog lights and the relay feed are wired to the 12V battery. It works perfectly but it's an old pushbutton technology approach. I have to warn you, it is a big job, it takes me 3 days to study and disassembling, prep soldering new automotive one and two pin connectors to new wires, find a way to go from the cabin to the frunk and removing and replacing the actual assembly and tap the original wires. I live in a mountain area so new fog lights are welcome here at this time of year.

Attachments

• IMG_3436.JPG
    IMG_3436.JPG
    560.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0