Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

space for gen 3 charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ideal place to put a charger in my garage is on the pillar between the garage doors so that it can easily reach both parked vehicles. The wall space between the door opener tracks is 17". Is that wide enough to accommodate the coiled up charging cord when it's not in use? I don't want the garage doors to snag it as they open and close.

The installation manual helpfully specifies that one should leave "ample" space for the cord Thanks guys!

The ideal place to put a charger in my garage is on the pillar between the garage doors so that it can easily reach both parked vehicles. The wall space between the door opener tracks is 17". Is that wide enough to accommodate the coiled up charging cord when it's not in use? I don't want the garage doors to snag it as they open and close.

The installation manual helpfully specifies that one should leave "ample" space for the cord Thanks guys!
The Gen3 Wall Connector Installation Manual also states that if space is an issue you can install the Cable Organizer. In that case you would mount the Wall connector a bit higher so that the cable organizer can be installed beneath the Wall connector.

• Helpful
Reactions: rwiegand and mrwug

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 12.58.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 12.58.54 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
This was our solution - we had an electrician install the wall charger slightly off center to the left (handle is on the right), then ordered 2 garden hose organizers from Amazon for about $10 each. I'm very happy with the way it works - putting the charger between the 2 doors gives you a lot of flexibility charging.
Thanks for this pic - this is exactly what I want to do. Looks like you have just barely enough room, can you tell me exactly the width between the two wood slats? I have 12” and wondering if that is enough. Also, is there a reason to plug the handle back into the right side of the connector, or is that just a storage place; can I just let the handle dangle?

Thanks for this pic - this is exactly what I want to do. Looks like you have just barely enough room, can you tell me exactly the width between the two wood slats? I have 12” and wondering if that is enough. Also, is there a reason to plug the handle back into the right side of the connector, or is that just a storage place; can I just let the handle dangle?
the hose organizers I screwed into the wall are 12.5"... so about 12". It can overlap onto the slats in my garage - the door runners are inside of those slats a bit, giving another couple of inches. To your other question, no reason it has to be in the holder, I just had the space to do it and thought it would be easier to organize. Not necessary in any way - it's just storage.