Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Somebody else has my same license plate in the same state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just thought I'd give everyone an update which is....nothing. I have not heard back from the Department of Licensing despite that they said I would within "a week or so". I will try calling them tomorrow to see where I stand with the duplicate plate issue. It seems a bit ridiculous that they seem to be so lax about it. I also have not received any bills from the other Tesla driver using the toll bridges with "my" plate nor have I received any from me using it once since my original post.

I wonder if this has anything to do with why this situation happened:
520 toll gouging stories get more preposterous | The Seattle Times
I got caught up in this, uh, er, extortion. Got fined for late payments because my card was cancelled/replaced due to the big Home Depot hack. But an additional fine was applied after I sent the payment in but before they got it so I never heard about it. Since I wasn't using the the bridges, I never bothered to update the card. They never sent me notification of the additional fine so I got a fine on that being late too. In all, I wound up paying something like $250 for 6 crossings. Arguing with them was like talking to a wall.

Yeah, I know I owed the original tolls and it's my fault for not remembering that card was on file with them but the level of fines and lack of notification is out of line.

The state ended up taking away the plate (OHM) from me since they could not track down the other driver. Tesla would not give out his current info to them either. So their solution was to let me get another plate for free, so I grabbed SILENCE. I was amazed it was available.

rpo what a great outcome, getting such cool plates

any chance of a photo?

Here is the new plate!

IMAG0634.jpg