Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Sig X owners have scheduled delivery dates in December 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations and good luck toothless receiving the first Xs.

I'm SigX 508 with VIN mid 600's. I paid in full last Tuesday (12/15), and the invoice stated delivery to be "on or about 12/21". 12/21 won't happen, as I've heard nothing more and my My Tesla page still shows "confirmed" along with $0 balance due. DES said "end of December, first week in January".

BTW, my DES also confirmed that they cannot put a personalized plate on the car during registration and delivery in case anyone wants to do that and has the plate.

- - - Updated - - -

"To those"! "To those", not "toothless" thanks to my Ap[ple spellchecker. Although, some of us might well be toothless by the time we get our Xs...

....@RossRAllen "BTW, my DES also confirmed that they cannot put a personalized plate on the car during registration and delivery in case anyone wants to do that and has the plate."

In California...you can apply for customer plates (takes 8-12 weeks)...then exchange the plates you receive with the Tesla for them. Time it right and everything is good...My plates are waiting for me at DMV...If I don't pick them up by 30 days past the last notice...they go back into circulation....

@vangogh - My browser coughed when I ordered my plates and I received no e-mail receipt and didn't hear a word until Thursday, when I got the first notice and NO DMV office listed on the back. So, whereabouts unknown. I'm going to my local DMV office on Wednesday to ask them to locate the plates and hold them until I get delivery + 6 weeks for the standard plates. I think they will hold for up to 60 days, or for two additional notices, unless you make arrangements.

Talked to my DS yesterday and now he's saying first of January as opposed to week after Christmas. Drat.

He gave some interesting tidbit though. His concern at this point is that the factory is taking a lot of time for final inspection and so it's really hard to predict how long it takes from the vehicle being built to being released from inspection. Also, the local delivery folks to an additional inspection before delivery and they're not sure how long that's going to take given that they've never done them before. He did say that the first Oregon Model Xs are arriving and he hopes to have a better idea how long the local inspection will take. He confirmed that the computer system is really accurate a tracking Model S build progress and almost worthless tracking Model X. Mostly because they're taking all the time they need to do the inspections.

So they were indeed trying to deliver all the sigs in a week. Wow, that's ballsy. Even if they deliver them over a couple or three weeks, that's an impressive statement.
More power to you, Tesla!
Presuming, of course, all sigs have confirmed their configurations. But I agree, even if they're trying to deliver all of those that have confirmed, that's likely a pretty good sized chunk of them.

Which we don't know for sure has anything to do with production sequence. Or do we? ;-)

Yeah, I probably has something to do with production order. I imagine they assign VINs and then produce the bodies in order. Things may divert and change later but probably not too much. Where things really change is in inspection at the end. Any car could get bumped back for reworking.

That's just my guess.

..........snip...... In California...you can apply for customer plates (takes 8-12 weeks)...then exchange the plates you receive with the Tesla for them. Time it right and everything is good...My plates are waiting for me at DMV...If I don't pick them up by 30 days past the last notice...they go back into circulation....
don't tell anyone that I told you so, but our last set of custom plates languished for over three and a half months before we picked them up. The strategy is, once you've exhausted your sitting around time at the DMV, you have them transferred to your local Automobile Club. Those people are pretty good at letting them sit around for a few more months. If push comes to shove, we'll just put them on our other EV which has amateur radio plates right now. Those plates of course can not be grabbed up by anybody else. So when the time comes to take the Tesla plates off the alternate car the amateur plates will be ours to reinstall. Anyway, what do you think ....... [emoji16]
I do like me some double entendre's

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1450583144317.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1450583144317.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 145
Last edited: