Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SOLD - Model S - Tesla factory sun screens - full set, including rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like new, Tesla sun screens for Model S. Mine was 2014/15. Please check to ensure these will fit your Tesla. These are for Model S with opening sunroof. 2 pieces for the roof and one for the hatch. They were/are 120 and 80 new from Tesla. Looking for 100 plus actual shipping fedex. I have the cases in the 4th picture. I will find a box and get a shipping estimate.

Attachments

• PXL_20230511_180756534.jpg
    PXL_20230511_180756534.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 123
  • PXL_20230511_180800656 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230511_180800656 (1).jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20230511_180804767.jpg
    PXL_20230511_180804767.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 45
  • tesla shade covers.jpg
    tesla shade covers.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4
Like new, Tesla sun screens for Model S. Mine was 2014/15. Please check to ensure these will fit your Tesla. These are for Model S with opening sunroof. 2 pieces for the roof and one for the hatch. They were/are 120 and 80 new from Tesla. Looking for 100 plus actual shipping fedex. I have the cases in the 4th picture. I will find a box and get a shipping estimate.
Hi, do you happen to know how our where to buy these? I know yours are sold, but did you buy them from Tesla directly? I've been searching for ages and can't find them on Tesla's website. I'm just at a loss now.
Thank you

Tesla sells the older versions still:

Your understanding is incorrect. The panoramic sunroof is the one that opens the front half of the roof, hence the term “sunroof”. There’s also the fixed glass roof, for which Tesla still sells the sunshade online. Like the name implies, that roof does not open. Good luck!

Wow, thanks for confirming that I was indeed incorrect.
So in my haste to do something about the solar heat, I scheduled to have the roof panels tinted with ceramic tint next week (quite expensive). In your opinion were you satisfied with the shade panels (I am not sure if you sold them due to performance issues?)?
Since you've clarified that I can get the right shades, I'm thinking I should cancel the tint job.
Thanks again for your time!

I’m not the OP, so I still have my sun shades installed in my MS with panoramic sunroof. Usually people sell the extras when they sell/trade/wreck their car as they don’t add any extra value.

I’m happy with the Tesla sunshades. My car is black so it gets hotter quicker anyway, but I feel like it makes a difference as I also take them out during the cooler months. I don’t have the rear lift gate shade, but I do have a custom fit front windshield sunscreen from Covercraft that works fantastic (obviously for when the car is parked only).

I personally would not get the ceramic tint, but I’m also not the guy who would tint any windows in my cars. If I were you I’d find a set of used Tesla sunshades with the knowledge that they can be easily resold here if you’re not happy with them and that the tint is always available later if needed.

Last edited: