Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar roof gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't see how it could be more "there". Just click on the link and it is there.

Sending a link and going to it from the website are not the same thing, I already noted your link worked. It doesn't show up as a path to choose when you go to energy on the phone, but it does on the website. Or maybe it's just the iphone X. There are 5 links that show up on the website under energy that weren't showing up on the phone which allow you to switch to solar roof. See the two pictures below, one from my desktop and one from my phone.

Either way it's still there, it's just a design error it seems with the phone.

Attachments

• Tesla pic with links.PNG
    Tesla pic with links.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • Tesla pic without links.png
    Tesla pic without links.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 82
Sending a link and going to it from the website are not the same thing, I already noted your link worked. It doesn't show up as a path to choose when you go to energy on the phone, but it does on the website. Or maybe it's just the iphone X. There are 5 links that show up on the website under energy that weren't showing up on the phone which allow you to switch to solar roof. See the two pictures below, one from my desktop and one from my phone.

Either way it's still there, it's just a design error it seems with the phone.
What about the 'Solar Roof' link in the top right of your first screenshot?

• Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I'm still seeing it there. Tesla.Com -> Menu button -> Energy -> scroll down to Solar Roof. It does require the following smartphone actions:
  1. Enter website tesla.com into browser.
  2. Wait for new screen to load (one that shows Tesla's main web site).
  3. Find and press menu button (three horizontal lines).
  4. Wait for menu to load (a menu looking menu).
  5. Find and press Energy line in menu.
  6. Wait for new screen to load (one that shows energy related items from Tesla).
  7. Scroll down skill.
  8. Look at what you're doing while it's scrolling and find Tesla Roof.
If you can do those actions, it's right there, and has been ever since I checked after I first read your first post in this thread, and I checked right now, and Tesla Roof is still there now.

It is possible that your phone shows something different than my phone, due to some type of unexpected differences. Maybe you have a more recent or older buggy version of Apple or an Android or something else that behaves differently. You never offered screenshots or even photographs or video, so it's hard to reconcile your experience.

Last edited:
I did include screenshots that showed the difference between desktop and on my phone as with desktop it's pretty obvious. I'm using an Iphone X with the latest updates. I just followed what you wrote and the roof does not show up for me....so maybe it's an operating version thing....I'll upload a video later as it's hard to show everything without many screenshots. Either way obviously it's still there....it just doesn't seem to show up on my mobile anymore for some odd reason.

Looking forward to eventually getting my roof!

Reactions: Shygar