Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.50 7e49f8a

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NoA definitely doesn't handle the HOV lane stretch on the 403 well at all. This whole morning I was in the HOV lane and it kept telling me to move into the lane beside me, which was going about 50km/h slower than my lane. At each merge area it would start to slow down. Combine this with the issue I previously reported in a different thread, where it moves to the right side of the wider lane, and it looks like you are about to side swipe the car in the lane beside you.

The car still actually stays within the lane I'm travelling in, but to a car beside me it looks like I'm about to lane change right into them for a split second. This behavior happens with regular EAP as well, I was hoping NoA would have fixed it, but its probably worse with it enabled.

I'll still give it a few tries, but its probably 1-2 updates away from being stable enough for my uses.

NoA is cool, but it definitely is a work in progress. Too many sudden decelerations that could be dangerous if the person behind you is not paying attention. I find the speed reduction on off ramps too slow for normal driving.

Agreed - it's too rigid and wants to follow the blue line at set distances from X interchange.

Ignore the prompts a few times and it'll slow down drastically in an attempt to merge into the slower lane. Needs a lot of work. The non Nav AP is better imo.

Reactions: Techniques
NoA definitely doesn't handle the HOV lane stretch on the 403 well at all. This whole morning I was in the HOV lane and it kept telling me to move into the lane beside me, which was going about 50km/h slower than my lane. At each merge area it would start to slow down. Combine this with the issue I previously reported in a different thread, where it moves to the right side of the wider lane, and it looks like you are about to side swipe the car in the lane beside you.

The car still actually stays within the lane I'm travelling in, but to a car beside me it looks like I'm about to lane change right into them for a split second. This behavior happens with regular EAP as well, I was hoping NoA would have fixed it, but its probably worse with it enabled.

I'll still give it a few tries, but its probably 1-2 updates away from being stable enough for my uses.

Did you enable “Use HOV Lanes” in your navigation preferences? I found that mine stopped nagging to get out when did that

Did you enable “Use HOV Lanes” in your navigation preferences? I found that mine stopped nagging to get out when did that
Yes, I have it enabled. What I have actually noticed is that the eastbound HOV lanes aren't recognized as HOV at all (car wont auto turn into them when they begin at Brant street). The westbound lanes on my way home are somehow different, because if I'm in the left lane when the HOV lane starts, the car auto lane changes into it. Probably something with how they are tagged in the GPS maps. But in both cases the car doesn't like me to be in the HOV lane with NoA enabled.

Today on the 401 W Express coming near to the Mavis exit where the collector meets the express.

Signaled for NoA to perform a right lane change - it went half way... cancelled and swerved back left... tried again... swerved left... tried again... swerved left. I cancelled and took over after three tries.

There was no vehicle coming up from behind. Only variable is the right lane was traveling the same speed as the left lane and coming to a slow down ahead.

Long way off from FSD :|

Today on the 401 W Express coming near to the Mavis exit where the collector meets the express.

Signaled for NoA to perform a right lane change - it went half way... cancelled and swerved back left... tried again... swerved left... tried again... swerved left. I cancelled and took over after three tries.

There was no vehicle coming up from behind. Only variable is the right lane was traveling the same speed as the left lane and coming to a slow down ahead.

Long way off from FSD :|
This has happened to me a few times, and I couldn't really figure out why. Perhaps a dirty side camera is my best working theory, but I've had it happen when no cars are around and when I'm in ~60km/h traffic. So now I try and avoid using auto lane change unless there is a lot of space, as the 'swerving' can cause its own problems scaring drivers around me....