Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At SC this morning with my AP2 March 2017 S100D and received 2018.14. Released notes just mention remote opening of the Frunk and rear hatch, and can access owners manual. Have not noticed anything different yet, but have not done much driving. Anyone else have it yet?
this seems to be pretty much a nothing noticable update, in that the trunk opening thing was, what, weeks ago? So we got that some time back. Yet the update (which we got around 4 a.m.today) 'again' said that remote trunk opening is available. Deva vu. But we already got that. So, who knows what really happened. Must be that shadow thing some feel us gou g on. I thought we had to opt in for this being first here in forward.

No TeslaFi or ev-fw... with nothing in the notes, we assume just more fine tuning!

(PS, sign up for one or both of them! ev-fw is free...)

ev-fw.com

View attachment 293131

I just signed up for ev-fw and entered the current token, but there does not appear to be a way to get it to grab the current firmware automatically. Am I missing something? On another note, my car shows it is on a firmware that does not exist in their log (it's really old now).

I just signed up for ev-fw and entered the current token, but there does not appear to be a way to get it to grab the current firmware automatically. Am I missing something? On another note, my car shows it is on a firmware that does not exist in their log (it's really old now).
Yes, if you enter your API token (you can get it from teslafi and other places), ev-fw.com will update automatically.

Look at the home page when you login to ev-fw.com; it should have entered the current software for you.

upload_2018-4-10_17-10-36.png

Yes, if you enter your API token (you can get it from teslafi and other places), ev-fw.com will update automatically.

Look at the home page when you login to ev-fw.com; it should have entered the current software for you.

View attachment 293207

So I have the token entered, but it still says "No updates entered yet" at the bottom. I tried to manually enter my firmware, but what the app shows is not a current option in the drop down boxes. Maybe that's why it isn't working?

Those who have gotten 2018.14 already:

I just read on the Tesla Forums that one person reported the browser and MCU (on older MCU1 models) are noticeably faster and browser has increased the number of sites it can load using 2018.14. Can you please check and report back? Thanks!!!!

You can use the http://teslamcu.xyz/ site and report the user agent so we can see if it has changed.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
So I have the token entered, but it still says "No updates entered yet" at the bottom. I tried to manually enter my firmware, but what the app shows is not a current option in the drop down boxes. Maybe that's why it isn't working?
If you have your token entered and your ViN set up and all that, wait an hour. It should automatically do it. The drop down is for people that want to do it manually.
Once you are set up all you need to do is update the token as it is refreshed.

I got .12 this morning as well. So they are in a release cycle where things are actually overlapping, pretty crazy.

I had lots of center screen blackouts before .12, I'm hoping that is fixed at least. Would love to have the maps, obviously. The routing is just crazy in some spots.

Reactions: MelaniainLA