Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow & Snow Chains plus Snow Chains for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, are you located in Melbourne and want Snow Chains for your Model 3 18/19" wheels?

I've got a set of these which I no longer need:

As much as I wanted to use them, they've never been used cause we had a baby and my snow season got taken off me.
We then changed car from the lovely model 3 also because of that same baby so no use now.

So given the weight of them, postage isn't logical, but if you live in inner east melb let me know and I can do a free delivery.

We've now got a Y Performance with it's lovely 21inch wheels which need these damn expensive chains: https://shop.tesla.com/en_au/product/model-y-21_-snow-chains
I'm weirdly thinking it's almost cheaper to get some winter 19inch wheels and cheaper 19/20 inch chains

Hey, are you located in Melbourne and want Snow Chains for your Model 3 18/19" wheels?

I've got a set of these which I no longer need:

As much as I wanted to use them, they've never been used cause we had a baby and my snow season got taken off me.
We then changed car from the lovely model 3 also because of that same baby so no use now.

So given the weight of them, postage isn't logical, but if you live in inner east melb let me know and I can do a free delivery.

We've now got a Y Performance with it's lovely 21inch wheels which need these damn expensive chains: https://shop.tesla.com/en_au/product/model-y-21_-snow-chains
I'm weirdly thinking it's almost cheaper to get some winter 19inch wheels and cheaper 19/20 inch chains
Having done some looking around because I have an M3P with the 20” wheels, that chain type is not permitted at Mt Buller and I’m not sure about elsewhere. I think you are OK at the NSW resorts. Not sure about Mt Hotham etc. Sorry to bring bad news, but I agree they are expensive and it’d be terrible to find out the hard way.

Having done some looking around because I have an M3P with the 20” wheels, that chain type is not permitted at Mt Buller and I’m not sure about elsewhere. I think you are OK at the NSW resorts. Not sure about Mt Hotham etc. Sorry to bring bad news, but I agree they are expensive and it’d be terrible to find out the hard way.

I think that's correct. Vicco resorts don't allow spider or ladder chains. Only diamond pattern and they are mandatory.

NSW is fine with spiders. In fact for AWD vehicles chains are optional in NSW.