Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have 0 rock chips or anything on your paint? He didn't note anything. That's amazing.

I actually had a paint chip on the rear bumper and a small scrap on the very bottom left of the front bumper. However, I remedied it with touch up paint prior to inspection. It evidently wasn't a cause for concern with this inspector, thankfully.

I actually had a paint chip on the rear bumper and a small scrap on the very bottom left of the front bumper. However, I remedied it with touch up paint prior to inspection. It evidently wasn't a cause for concern with this inspector, thankfully.

Yeah I've touched up a couple spots - but I'm not sure how good of a job I did - the chips were down to the primer. They are small but in a fairly visible area. Hopefully they pass.

my inspection report noted the 3 wheels with some curb rash, but all are considered normal wear and tear, totaling $36.00 ($0 for 2 wheels and $36 for 1 wheel) of normal wear and tear. i have one door ding on the driver door which he either didn't bother taking a picture of or was not obvious enough? it's pretty obvious to me though, being right below where i reach for the door handle and on the body "crease".

excess wear and tear noted is $0.00

so i'm happy with that and hope the turn in on 10/1 will be smooth. i haven't received any official instructions on what to do, but i did ask a loyalty OA a while back and he said it would just have to be dropped off at Tesla's SC. has anyone turned one in yet ... what did you have to do on that day?

years ago when i leased a lexus through US Bank they came and picked up the car on a flatbed truck from my house.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
FWIW I had my inspection done by AutoVin today. They noted 4 areas that needed remediation (scratches from parking blocks underneath the front bumper, minor scratches near the rear lift, and minor road rash on one of the wheels). They listed $260 in repairs, but $0 in repairs that weren't from reasonable use.

I ended up using 10k miles less than I thought I would. It would be nice to get some level of credit for that.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Today is the sad day for me. I'm returning the P90DL in a little less than 2 hours. While I filed the paperwork to extend the lease for another 6 months, I just couldn't justify paying another year's worth of DMV registration. Or more specifically, I couldn't justify it to my spouse! :)

I'm glad to have had the opportunity to enjoy such a magnificent car for 2 years.

I remedied any defects the inspector found with the car, so I'll see how they deal with that upon return of the car this morning. I'll report back to the thread regarding the lease return experience.

Today is the sad day for me. I'm returning the P90DL in a little less than 2 hours. While I filed the paperwork to extend the lease for another 6 months, I just couldn't justify paying another year's worth of DMV registration. Or more specifically, I couldn't justify it to my spouse! :)

I'm glad to have had the opportunity to enjoy such a magnificent car for 2 years.

I remedied any defects the inspector found with the car, so I'll see how they deal with that upon return of the car this morning. I'll report back to the thread regarding the lease return experience.

I'm actually sad for you.

What will you be driving now?

What's the return process? I'm less than a month out and Tesla hasn't told me anything (neither has US Bank, for that matter). All I've gotten is contact from AutoVIN for a pre-inspection. Someone's going to be getting a really clean 12kmi P90DL from me :(

I've thought about the lease extension, and I would have done it as well, except that the tax credit is expiring at the end of the year. So, I think it is better to buy a new car before the end of the year to get the credit...