Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome thread. Just purchased a loaded (except jump seats) P90D with ludicrous for $500/mo with the standard $6,000 down. Car has 20,000 miles so that's a downer, but so does my 2013 MS60. So a lot more car for a lot less payments.

Wow, that's impressive. MSRP $142,700? Must be a big discount. When I was getting quotes the high mileage cars didn't come out as well, because of the residual value. Maybe they changed their formula. Awesome deal!

This guy!

3 - 5 weeks for me though. I'm in LA and my car is in New Jersey.

One suggestion though... If at all possible, pick your car up before the end of September. Tesla is doing this to bolster 3rd quarter deliveries but it doesn't count unless the car is delivered in the third quarter. I spoke with my advisor today and forgot to tell her but I will on followup. I'll take delivery of the car if it's missing it's bumper and has three wheels just so they can have that unit on 3Q.

I know it's not our job to keep Tesla afloat but I assume we're all fans of the movement to some degree and Tesla historically makes good on any issues. Just make sure you note them during delivery, even if they are to be addressed later.

So glad to hear so many got a great deal from this post.

If anyone is still looking, there were a few cars today that went pretty quick. One or two from people here that snatched them up.

Please reach out to me and get in contact with my OA. He's constantly looking for these cars. Other OA's aren't aware of these deals because of how quick they go.

And of course, would love if you use my referral code on your purchase if you don't have one yet. I have one more to get me to 3 before the period ends and thank you to those that did use my code for their purchase thus far.

Referral | Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: steveho
So glad to hear so many got a great deal from this post.

If anyone is still looking, there were a few cars today that went pretty quick. One or two from people here that snatched them up.

Please reach out to me and get in contact with my OA. He's constantly looking for these cars. Other OA's aren't aware of these deals because of how quick they go.

And of course, would love if you use my referral code on your purchase if you don't have one yet. I have one more to get me to 3 before the period ends and thank you to those that did use my code for their purchase thus far.

Referral | Tesla

Since I haven't heard anything from him for a few days, I'll reach out to him again. I think my issue is wanting a deal in the $700 range, and those seem to be long gone.

If he ends up finding something for me, I'll definitely use your code!

Since I haven't heard anything from him for a few days, I'll reach out to him again. I think my issue is wanting a deal in the $700 range, and those seem to be long gone.
Yeah.
Realistically even under $900 is still a steal. And those inventory cars are getting more and more scarce. I think that's why most are jumping at any deal that comes up.

Driving a $140k vehicle at $700 a month is phenomenal, $800 is fantastic and $900 is still good. You gotta remember there are others out there paying north of $1500 a month to drive the exact same car.

Hell, my fully loaded 70D was north of $1200 a month back in March.

Yeah.
Realistically even under $900 is still a steal. And those inventory cars are getting more and more scarce. I think that's why most are jumping at any deal that comes up.

Driving a $140k at $700 a month is phenomenal, $800 is fantastic and $900 is good. You gotta remember there are others out there paying north of $1500 a month to drive the exact same car.

I agree. It killed me to pass on a pearl white 2016 P90DL for $906, but that price is still a no-go with the wife. I seriously debated ignoring what she would think about it, but I'm a bit smarter than that.

• Love
Reactions: hmmm
I agree. It killed me to pass on a pearl white 2016 P90DL for $906, but that price is still a no-go with the wife. I seriously debated ignoring what she would think about it, but I'm a bit smarter than that.

Dumping the wife and getting the car might still be cheaper than what others are paying for their P90DL's at full price :)hmmmm..... LOL

Yeah.

Driving a $140k vehicle at $700 a month is phenomenal, $800 is fantastic and $900 is still good. You gotta remember there are others out there paying north of $1500 a month to drive the exact same car.

Hell, my fully loaded 70D was north of $1200 a month back in March.
True, I got an amazing deal on a 2015 P90DL for $101k with 11,500 miles, only had to come out of pocket $3,400 (including gap insurance), and even with 78 months @ 1.74% with Alliant Credit Union, my payment is $1425/month. It's nice being able to drive as many miles as I want, and I can modify the car as I please, but if I could have gotten a $700/month payment for the same car on a 2 year lease, you better believe I would have done it. However, in Maryland, you can't lease a vehicle with > 7,500 miles because it's considered used at that point.

Reactions: EinSV
True, I got an amazing deal on a 2015 P90DL for $101k with 11,500 miles, only had to come out of pocket $3,400 (including gap insurance), and even with 78 months @ 1.74% with Alliant Credit Union, my payment is $1425/month. It's nice being able to drive as many miles as I want, and I can modify the car as I please, but if I could have gotten a $700/month payment for the same car on a 2 year lease, you better believe I would have done it. However, in Maryland, you can't lease a vehicle with > 7,500 miles because it's considered used at that point.

Great deal -- congrats!!

Reactions: Daniel R. Lucas
Anyone know how we get gap insurance on the leased cars? I talked to state farm and they said they don't do it. Tesla would need to do it. This is the first time I've leased a car, so I'm not entirely sure what the insurance is for or how to get it.... Thanks!

Good to know. I was still debating purchasing mine for $102k rather than leasing for $769 / mo. The interest rate is really low, so the gamble is if the car won't depreciate more than ~$22k in 2 yrs. But, that seems unlikely, since similar P90DLs seem to be selling now used for $91k.

Good to know. I was still debating purchasing mine for $102k rather than leasing for $769 / mo. The interest rate is really low, so the gamble is if the car won't depreciate more than ~$22k in 2 yrs. But, that seems unlikely, since similar P90DLs seem to be selling now used for $91k.
The resale value on the P90DL is pretty shot at the moment. If the implement AP2.0 soon, I think the value on these will go down dramatically again. There's a reason Tesla is discounting the heck out of these cars. I feel for those that are paying full price. They've got a 30-40k depreciation instantly and another reason to lease and walk away in two years.

Does anyone know residual values on Model S for trade-in? I have a 2013 P85+ with 26k miles and they are offering 47% residual on mine with such low mileage. I want a P90DL but this trade in seems quite low. Thnx for reply.