Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simultaneous Schedule Charging and Departure Pre-conditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just noticed that I can now schedule the car with a "commence charging" time and also a "departure time for pre-conditioning" simultaneously via the app. I'm pretty sure I was never able to do this previously. A recent app update?

You have to do it in the correct order for it to work - set the departure time first with just pre-conditioning (not off-peak end) and then turn on schedule charging start time in the other tab. It then seems to hold on to the pre-conditioning departure time, where previously this action would have disabled it (unless I'm mistaken and this was always possible). If you do it in the opposite order, then setting the pre-conditioning time will disable the schedule start time.

The main page of the app now reports the simultaneous behaviour:

3154948E-48C2-4163-B94C-7B2CFB974A72_4_5005_c.jpeg

I have bad experiences using Scheduled Departure.
Likewise, that's why I don't use it. I use Scheduled Start Time instead.

Some time ago, I don't think I could use Scheduled Pre-conditioning in conjunction with Scheduled Start Time. Now I can. It may have changed a while ago, but I only just discovered that I could now do it.

It's still a bit annoying though - my work schedule is very erratic and I leave home at a different time every day - from early morning to sometimes late in the afternoon. So to change the Scheduled Pre-conditioning every day, I have to change it (which then toggles Scheduled Start Time off), and then go back to the Scheduled Start Time and toggle it back on again. So long as I remember to do this, it seems to work.