Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

silicone fobpocket - reviews/input?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my silicon fob pocket. They don't have new colors yet so got the old brown (close enough to my titanium):

Actually, we do have the new colors, including titanium :) It's the last color on this page: Silicone FobPockets - The Colors - Abstract Ocean. The Titanium came out really nice, kind of a minky/soft grey/brown. The Midnight Silver is there too, plus all the legacy colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Do you know if the "black collection" the same as "the colors"? Except, as it sounds ... different colors?

Yeah...I had to break the collections apart due to a limitation of the number of product photos I can have on my eCommerce platform. So the Black collection are all black, just different ink colors (or no ink at all).

Last edited:
Actually, we do have the new colors, including titanium :) It's the last color on this page: Silicone FobPockets - The Colors - Abstract Ocean. The Titanium came out really nice, kind of a minky/soft grey/brown. The Midnight Silver is there too, plus all the legacy colors.

I don't see the original Grey color. If that's available, can you please direct me to it. Thanks.

I don't see the original Grey color. If that's available, can you please direct me to it. Thanks.

I took some marketing liberties and renamed the original dark grey 'Midnight Silver", but at the same time added a hint of blue to the color mix in the most recent batch, which isn't at all visible, but makes the dark grey look deeper than just a regular 80% grey mix. It's the second from the end in the picture stream on this page, but I have the original (dolphin) grey on my Model S, so if you want an actual picture of it on the car, I can do that. It's at the Dallas SC until tomorrow pm, but can grab a photo when I get the car back. Honestly, it's just a dark grey, and is a little darker than the original Dolphin, but as a silicone color, I think it looks nice.

I took some marketing liberties and renamed the original dark grey 'Midnight Silver", but at the same time added a hint of blue to the color mix in the most recent batch, which isn't at all visible, but makes the dark grey look deeper than just a regular 80% grey mix. It's the second from the end in the picture stream on this page, but I have the original (dolphin) grey on my Model S, so if you want an actual picture of it on the car, I can do that. It's at the Dallas SC until tomorrow pm, but can grab a photo when I get the car back. Honestly, it's just a dark grey, and is a little darker than the original Dolphin, but as a silicone color, I think it looks nice.

Thanks. So Midnight Silver is the closet to the original Dolphin Grey. Got it.

Yes....it's still darker....I took a photo of the three silver options, but because the car is actually clean for once, you see more of the reflections that the actual color of the paint (dolphin grey), so it doesn't really help much:

FullSizeRender.jpg

L -> R: Midnight, Silver, Titanium

They're great! Had mine since he first started selling them. I've tried all the other pockets including the one from the service center and so far only the silicone fob pocket protects the fob from the infamous cracking on the top. I've had the fob cases replaced 2x due to wear. My fobs show no sign of wear since being placed in the silicone fob pockets.

These are a great accessory! Highly recommended!

They prevent the other keys I carry from damaging the fob (primary reason for purchase) but also mold to the shape of the fob, so it's easy to operate in the hand without looking, unlike the bulky, formless OEM covers. The key chain is also many times better than the one on the fob itself.

The only downsides are that they lack the sleekness of a bare fob and I originally thought they were weakening the transmission range of the fob signal. This turned out to be caused by an unrelated issue.

I got a red one to match my car and a glow-in-the-dark for the spare.

So yesterday I started receiving warnings in the instrument panel that my keyfob's battery was weak and needed replacing. I went to the store this morning and bought a new CR 2032 battery, and when I pulled the silicone keyfob cover off the key, I noticed two things.

1) Fatigue -- the silicone is cracking and will soon fail, and I fear the fob could fall off my keyring. Note the tears in the orange silicone.

2) The fob blew its top! The little black circle on top of the fob came off! I looked inside the silicone fob cover and there it was. I've had this silicon fob cover since last July, and I guess the wear and tear applied to the fob itself. Thinking of using SuperGlue to glue the little black circle back to the roof of my keyfob. Anyone else ever seen this before?

kf1.jpg

kf2.jpg

kf3.jpg

I have been using my AO Silicon Fob Pocket right from day one. It was my first accessories purchase way before I ordered the Model S. It works great. However, one thing that can be improved is the chain link assembly that connects the Fob Pocket to your key ring. Specifically, each end of the chain has a small round loop and these loops are not assembled really well. Where they are clinched they do not meet up exactly and appear to be non-precision. I feel the rings could be made a bit better and of higher quality materials.

This is a minor nit but anyone who uses these Fob Pockets would have to agree. Earlier back a few posts someone shows a picture of the fob pocket and you can easily see what I am talking about.

silicone fobpocket - reviews/input?

Well I guess I should know ;-)

The biggest challenge was getting a Model X key, as we need that for creating the designs and molds. We did eventually get access to one for 24hrs, so that allowed us to get the 3D scans and resin casts. Of course, Tesla don't want to play with us, and it's literally impossible to buy an X key unless you are an X owner.

Right now we're working on prototypes....the leather variants will likely be first, as the tolerances are less demanding. The silicones will hopefully follow along shortly after. Best guess, leather options late April into May, silicones will be a month or so after.