Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

She hit me!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Yes, these instructions came from the agent that sold her the policy that became active AFTER the collision. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong and immoral about this behavior. She pays no insurance cost and no repair cost and all of us get an increase in the cost of uninsured motorist coverage. I may ask her to pay the deductible just so that she feels some pain from her inattention.

The repair process seems to be over. I picked up the car at Autocraft this AM and I must confess that I cannot see any evidence what so ever of the repair. It seems perfect. I am very pleased. I paid, hopped into my VERY clean car and drove away. Interestingly, they turned off the remote access so I could not see where it was or....anything while it was in the shop. I had to turn that back on. The average WH/mile was about 450 when I picked it up....highest I have ever seen! I guess they either took it for a ride (no, I foolishly did not record odometer reading) or perhaps they were running the HVAC for some reason....no matter, it is all back and perfect again. I got the new summon software upgrade while the car was in the shop and I activated it this evening....nice. It now opens the proper garage door. I waxed the car again tonight just for fun and it just looks great! The thing is beautiful and I am such a lucky boy.

Next time just remember to put it in Valet mode then you know for sure they can't go on a joy ride (or at least a fun joy ride)!

Standard procedure for service (either Tesla service or body shop) to turn off remote access. Can you imagine what could happen if some joker started honking the horn or whatever while someone was working on the car?
The Houston Westchase service center does not turn off remote access while my vehicle is in the center, at least not for the two or three times I have had to leave it there. I suspect this is a function of the service center you use.