Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Mode to reset TPMS’s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you enter the Tesla Service Mode in your car, under the Chassis tab, there is a link for Alignment and Tires, then a link for “Reset Learned Tire Values”.

Does anyone know what the ”Reset Learned Tire Values” does? My assumption is it deletes the current TPMS data so the car can re-learn the TPMS‘s which would come in handy when you move tires around or add new wheels.

Thanks

You don't have to go into the service mode to do that. Go to the service menu from the main menu, then wheel & tire configuration. You can reset the TPMS from there. I use it in the winter when I change to snow tires and run those at lower pressure. It will re-learn what "normal" is so I don't get the low pressure warning all the time.

Unfortunately the only reset option I have in that menu is to reset the counter for tire rotations. It doesn’t reset the TPMS locations. I just got new wheels and transferred my stock tires and TPMS’s to the new wheels. Every tire was in a different location but the TPMS’s all showed the original position. I reduced air pressure in one tire at a time to figure out where the car said they where, then rotated the tires to the “correct” position. Just for clarification I have 2023 Model Y with the BLE TPMS’s.