Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode bust!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that he was upset about how close your car was next to his. He seemed irritated that he could not open his door as widely as he would like. Not that you parked too close, rather, he just did not like it.

As far as his kid goes, I do not believe he saw it. At least, i hope not. It looks like he was trying to be discreet.
Can't tell for certain, but it does look to me like the truck's rear wheel is parked right on the parking spot dividing line. If that is the case and he's upset about someone parking too close, it might be his own fault.

Either way, I'm glad he got caught, and I hope he learns an expensive lesson from this.

Reactions: bedoig and 4SUPER9
OK guys, enough. While many of the posts here about politics have some major truth, none of us are in this guy's head. I honestly don't mind doxxing someone who intentionally committed a crime (this was not just words, so don't do the crime if you can't do the time), but let's not doxx him for political beliefs, especially ones that we do not even know he has.

... Notice the grimace on his mug as his key makes contact with the Tesla. He is full of hate for these electric cars!
I took that grimace more as self loathing. He sort of doesn't want to key the Tesla but his inner asshole is in charge of his actions at that moment.

torment.png

• Funny
Reactions: vapor trail
Getting caught doesn't typically teach an adult a lesson either, except to be more careful next time and cover ones face.

Perhaps a kid if their parent also steps in will learn something... but not an adult.

Of course, my opinion only...

• Informative
Reactions: mrau
What do you all think is an appropriate punishment\fine\restitution for this kind of asinine wanton disregard for others property?
I think he should pay 100% of the repair costs, including the owner’s time, and whatever it would cost to rent a Tesla while it is under repair. Then, triple it. Add 40 hours of community service, and depending on his attitude, maybe an anger management class.

The penalty is listed in the law.

In Michigan it depends on the amount of damage to determine if a felony or misdemeanor crime for Malicious Destruction of Property (MDOP).
  • If you have no prior convictions for MDOP and the value of the damage is less than $200.00, you can be charged with a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of 93 days in jail and a fine of $500.00 or 3 times the value of the damage, whichever is greater.
  • If you have a prior conviction for MDOP or if the value of the damage is $200.00 or more but less than $1,000.00, you can be charged with a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of one year in jail and a fine of $2,000 or three times the value of the damage, whichever is greater.

You can be charged with a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of $10,000 or three times the value of the property damage, whichever is greater if any of the following apply to your offense:
  • The value of damage is between $1,000.00 or more but less than$20,000.00

The penalty is listed in the law.

In Michigan it depends on the amount of damage to determine if a felony or misdemeanor crime for Malicious Destruction of Property (MDOP).
  • If you have no prior convictions for MDOP and the value of the damage is less than $200.00, you can be charged with a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of 93 days in jail and a fine of $500.00 or 3 times the value of the damage, whichever is greater.
  • If you have a prior conviction for MDOP or if the value of the damage is $200.00 or more but less than $1,000.00, you can be charged with a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of one year in jail and a fine of $2,000 or three times the value of the damage, whichever is greater.
You can be charged with a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of $10,000 or three times the value of the property damage, whichever is greater if any of the following apply to your offense:
  • The value of damage is between $1,000.00 or more but less than$20,000.00
Looks like he needs 3 panels repainted, so certainly over $200, and maybe even over $1,000. Three times the value is what I said. Of course, the Judge has discretion. Also, this is criminal. The owner has the option of filing a civil complaint, right?

Reactions: mrau