Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sentry live mode not available in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it me doing something wrong or did other ppl have the same problem? Live sentry mode video does not show up on my Tesla app when I view "live camera". Any other way to trouble shoot it? I pretty sure my sentry mode work cuz i can see the recording in car.

is it me doing something wrong or did other ppl have the same problem? Live sentry mode video does not show up on my Tesla app when I view "live camera". Any other way to trouble shoot it? I pretty sure my sentry mode work cuz i can see the recording in car.
I've tried it and most of the time I cannot get it to show video. It seems to work best when I'm at home on WiFi. Only got it to work once or twice on cellular.

My Sentry Live works very well with my iPhone. One slight problem... I have a iPhone mini, and I use zoom to make the writing on the screen bigger. But with the zoom, the icon to blink the lights has been pushed up too close to the icon of the rear camera. So I can’t access the rear camera (only the blinker) on my iPhone unless I take it out of zoom.
So who’s problem is it (besides mine) Apple OS or Tesla app?

Works fine for me. Did you toggle the Sentry Mode on in the car? You need to allow it there first, then it'll work once you do it in the app. It's under the Security settings in the car.

So far as connectivity goes, I've got stability issues through my Bell WiFi network because of the pods. Anywhere else it works fine.

My Sentry Live works very well with my iPhone. One slight problem... I have a iPhone mini, and I use zoom to make the writing on the screen bigger. But with the zoom, the icon to blink the lights has been pushed up too close to the icon of the rear camera. So I can’t access the rear camera (only the blinker) on my iPhone unless I take it out of zoom.
So who’s problem is it (besides mine) Apple OS or Tesla app?
I have an 8 and have the same issue but I've found you don't have to hit the dot, just above it is fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Bouba
Works fine for me. Did you toggle the Sentry Mode on in the car? You need to allow it there first, then it'll work once you do it in the app. It's under the Security settings in the car.

So far as connectivity goes, I've got stability issues through my Bell WiFi network because of the pods. Anywhere else it works fine.
Yeah I toggle sentry mode in car and still don't work. Maybe it is time to bring to service center

Yes, mine works perfectly as I hold the icon and speak. It freaked my wife out 👍🏼. I am not sure how to check or if it matters but many Apps ask for access to the microphone when you install them. That is all I can think of but it does work.

Amazingly my Sentry Live was switched on in France👍😀
For me too (I live in St Nazaire Loire Atlantique, France). Maybe not the correct thread to ask you But I have a question about Live Sentry in France. Do you know if this can be legally used to pursue someone who hits/damages your car in France via insurance? I have a live cam video of someone hitting the rear passenger door of my M3 LR and clearly realizing that they did it, then quickly driving away. I can see the car, #plate everything needed to ID the culprit - however don't know if its possible in France. Is there a thread in the French section about this? I didn't find anything. I can repost there in French if necessary. Thanks for any help you could give. Regards.