Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Tesla to GiveMeTheVin.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone sold a Tesla to them? I see them mentioned several times on these forums. So far, they have been great to work with. For anyone who has used them, how was the experience? Right now, they are sending docs via Fedex to me. I will sign these docs along with the title and overnight them back. Those docs also include an inactive check for the vehicle that is activated once they receive said docs, and have transport arranged. I guess the transport company does a quick inspection and then calls GiveMeTheVin who then activates the check immediately.

Thoughts? They have some pretty great offers.

I almost did the same . . . but I received a bid from CarBuyer USA that was $2k more than givemethevin.com

Best to get multiple online bids from Carvana, Vroom, and Carbingo. Note that going to Carmax requires a bit of your time.

Simply be honest about any defects or imperfections upon submission and they will likely be an honest broker with you (and not lower the offer upon inspection).

Last edited:
Has anyone sold a Tesla to them? I see them mentioned several times on these forums. So far, they have been great to work with. For anyone who has used them, how was the experience? Right now, they are sending docs via Fedex to me. I will sign these docs along with the title and overnight them back. Those docs also include an inactive check for the vehicle that is activated once they receive said docs, and have transport arranged. I guess the transport company does a quick inspection and then calls GiveMeTheVin who then activates the check immediately.

Thoughts? They have some pretty great offers.

I havent sold a tesla, however I sold my wifes X3 to them in early march of this year, and my personal experience was FANTASTIC. We had positive equity in the vehicle, but it did have an outstanding loan.

Givemethevin had a drop off office about 40 miles from my house. I got a price from them on one day, called the assigned person to discuss specifics and negotiate a bit (they were close but I wanted just a bit more than they originally offered). I uploaded all the pics they wanted, then, they got back to me and agreed to my price request, sent me an email which I accepted.

I got proof of payoff from the institution that had my loan, sent it to them, they confirmed and told me how much my check (positive equity) would be. I then found out they had a drop off location 40 miles from me, and rather than waiting for pickup (which was going to be about a week or so), offered to drive it to the drop off.

Made the drop off appointment for 2 days from that day (my schedule) then drove it up there and had my wife follow me. The guy at the drop off walked around the vehicle, started it up, drove it around the block and came back and handed me a live check for the amount of my equity (11.5k and some change). Took the check to the bank deposited it, it cleared 2 days later per my banks policy.

Total time from me entering their website to get a price to the check being fully cleared in my bank was like 5 days, with no funny business etc. I was amazed at how easy it was. I would highly recommend them based on my experience, but again it wasnt a tesla.

Reactions: Silence88
Awesome! Thanks everyone. Yes, I shopped many offers - Carvana, Vroom, CBUSA, CarGurus, and GMTV. Vroom offer was terrible. CBUSA and GMTV were similar, but CBUSA was a range while GMTV gave me a fixed price. Carvana initially had a very slightly higher offer but then sent a note saying their system had a “glitch”. I’ve dealt with all of these dealers except for GMTV and am glad to hear of a positive experience!