Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt connector rattle noise, any fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all:

My Model Y passenger seat belt has this occasional ratting noise since delivery, it's coming from what I call the "connector" which is the place where the belt connects to the seat. The upper side is plastic and lower side is metal, and it can make a noise when slightly shaken. The noise goes away when the seat belt is buckled.

1698435306254.jpeg

(picture credit to pennyarcade@)

SC is saying it's "how it's designed" and "can't do much about it" (so classic excuse🙄)

Anyone experiencing similar noise and how did you fix it?

Hi all:

My Model Y passenger seat belt has this occasional ratting noise since delivery, it's coming from what I call the "connector" which is the place where the belt connects to the seat. The upper side is plastic and lower side is metal, and it can make a noise when slightly shaken. The noise goes away when the seat belt is buckled.

View attachment 985905
(picture credit to pennyarcade@)

SC is saying it's "how it's designed" and "can't do much about it" (so classic excuse🙄)

Anyone experiencing similar noise and how did you fix it?
Could you simply buckle it even when not in use? Realize you shouldn’t have to do this but at least it will take care of the frustrating rattle.