Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SeaSucker crossbars vs Tesla roof rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up new 2024 MY LR with tow hitch. Tow hitch for bike rack, but I need roof bars for paddleboards. Can't decide between SeaSucker suction mount bars vs Tesla installed roof rack bars. I like the security and less setup/take-down idea of the permanently installed Tesla bars, but I only use it 5% of the time, and the other 95% of the time I have to put up with more wind noise and a little reduced range, but more the additional wind noise. The SeaSuckers solve that problem, but they can easily be stolen. Might not ever happen. I could remove them at my destination while boarding, but that is additional take-down and re-install time, so that may become a pain. Also a remote chance they damage the glass roof, but paddleboards are pretty light and I only go a few miles up the road at < 55mph. Tesla cross-bars can also crack the roof, even if installed by Tesla. Thoughts?

I'm happy with my SeaSucker board rack. I've used on a Spark Ev and 2015 Model S. I've never mounted on the movable sunroof. For transporting a 12' windsurfer . 2 cups were mounted on the windshield - 2 cups on the glass trim strip forward of the sunroof. I applied RainX and didn't use the wipers . Thankfully , it didn't rain on my trip . Toronto to the east coast ; 1100 miles.