Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scraped my new M3!! So sad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rrice23

Aug 30, 2023
PNW
Scraped my new M3 lower front bumper. It’s not noticeable unless you bent down to look for it. BUT I know it’s there and it’s bugging me ughhh.

So what do I do? I read the front bumpers are plastic right? So technically I could just leave it? Anything I can do to buff it out a little bit? Paint marker whatnot?

Thanks guys!!

Attachments

• 73B369FB-D5FC-4312-B7D4-359CB52837EC.jpeg
    73B369FB-D5FC-4312-B7D4-359CB52837EC.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 167
  • EB4DC5A4-3C60-4047-B4C9-4C02D5400D35.jpeg
    EB4DC5A4-3C60-4047-B4C9-4C02D5400D35.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 116
Oh I forgot to mention, this is from my sloped driveway 🥲 I've had it for a week and it’s the first time it happened. So I’m guessing it depends on angle when the car goes in. But maybe not the last time it will happen. Any like bumper protector that would work well??

You can buy the repair paint from Tesla, the fix is easy and based on location it would look fine to the casual observer. You will repeat this if you don't figure out the "wrong" angle to enter/exit your driveway.
Oh cool, didn’t Know they sell the repair paint. I’m definitely worried and nervous now, but it’s weird we drove for a week and in and out without any incidents. Was looking at this, do you think it works if we just cover the lower bumper with this? Lol

Oh cool, didn’t Know they sell the repair paint. I’m definitely worried and nervous now, but it’s weird we drove for a week and in and out without any incidents. Was looking at this, do you think it works if we just cover the lower bumper with this? Lol
This is what I went with, https://shop.tesla.com/product/paint-repair-kit . You get both paint and blending solution. There are instructions as well as some YouTube videos on how to apply. Basically, apply the paint above the area you want to fix then you use the included squeegee to spread the paint over the affected area. Then use the blending solution to clean AROUND the area but don't wipe away the paint in the affected area. Pearl White is probably a bit more difficult than the black I have but based on the area, NO ONE will ever know the difference.