Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scraped front bumper - help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7EC6A3C9-0E3F-43B1-B4BD-519C5EA4EE3C.jpeg

This happened and now I’m super worried about the paint. Can someone here recommend a DIY solution?

Thank you so much!

I actually had that above happen to me about 6 months ago or so turning onto a street that dropped suddenly. I thought I'd caused more damage but it was just scuffed up like that fairly bad. I thought about touching it up but it hasn't spread or anything and unless you look under there you don't see it. Nothing has changed with it and I figured eventually pulling into parking spaces with concrete things you're going to scrape under there anyway so unless you want to buy a very expensive skid plate for there just keep an eye on it. Otherwise you're going to need a lot of touch up paint. It is just black plastic so nothing's going to happen to it.

This is light damage. I wouldn’t be bothered to touch this up. If you bend down and look at other sedans, they are most likely way more scuffed up.
The Model 3 is engineered very cleverly with a good approach angle that hardly ever scrapes driving into shopping plazas. But it is still physically limited as it is a sedan so it will happen on steep entrances going a bit too fast.

Reactions: sorphin